How old are you guys?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, for the record I'm now a few years younger than I hinted at before. Life is like that, you see. Things go both ways. I've decided to reduce.
I have this theory that if you run fast enough in the opposite direction relative to Earth's rotation you should get younger.

I really dig your style! I will definitely find a reason to show up at the next knife gathering in your local ... and bring some unique wine - I have a great buddy (Croatian/Exec Chef/Owner whom I bought his 1st J-Knife that has access to amazing "orange" whites that are kinda mind blowing ... very, very unique on the palate ...

Just need some time to figure it out ... but would be awesome ...

I'll let you know. Just be prepared for the human debris field afterwards :)

k.

Based on all the young'ins here, I'm guessing the pro cooks give up the lifestyle by 35-ish, and there just aren't many older home cooks that get into quality knives.

Actually opened my knife bag for the first time in a year since I stopped being a Chef. The day I finished I put it on a shelf and just left it there. Pretty shocked my Carbonext and HD are not rusty at all

IF any of you had the chance to hang with Karring, he'd run circles around you while drinking you under the table.
Truly a legend and an inspiration.
I thought I could hang, but my liver had other plans.

How's that arm treating you today Karring?

IF any of you had the chance to hang with Karring, he'd run circles around you while drinking you under the table.

All of this sounds like the type of challenge I've been training for my whole life.

I'll know on Monday. It still hurts, it's still swollen some, and it is turning a nice shade of black and blue. I am crossing my fingers it is just tendon/joint damage.

Btw, I am now 45. I've moved on from my earlier post.

k.

ll160224.gif

Im 19 haha its really young copared to I think about everybody here.

Awesome. This is the first time I am seeing my profane post in response to the controversial age of 35. This is also the first and last time I will drink too much and post on KKF. :)

k.

Reading this thread again, it does amaze me how young the non-cook collectors are...for the most part. Or it is probably just the more active ones, but disposable income normally does tend to lend itself to a bit more age. I can see how the cooks tend to be younger, based on what we hear here and elsewhere as to the environment.

Don't see that I have posted on this thread before, 42 here.

I will question how many expensive knives have been purchased after we "drink too much" :bigeek:

We got my grandmother an iPad for her 81st birthday. I get the occasional email and she's on Facebook too.
Just saw this thread as it was recently updated. I'm a senior member by posts and a senior citizen by years - 63.

TJ's post about his grandmother just reminded me of iPads & cooking & age...

http://www.wimp.com/so-dad-how-do-you-like-the-ipad-we-got-you/

Warning: Do not try this at home. Never disrespect a knife edge by scraping it on a surface or casually throwing it on the bench without even rinsing it first. Poor form at any age!
:wink:

Warning: Do not try this at home. Never disrespect a knife edge by scraping it on a surface or casually throwing it on the bench without even rinsing it first. Poor form at any age!
:wink:

Just painful to watch! Even with a low end device such as that, should never be scraped along a hard surface. :)

I fell into this rabbit-hole about a decade ago when, as a first year apprentice in a classy restaurant, I was baffled at how none of these insanely talented chefs I worked with knew how to sharpen their own knives.
So I lurked many forums for years before I felt I'd learned enough to join up with a bit of knowledge worth contributing.

Shout out to all the lurkers!

I'm still working in the cooking industry and today a waitress asked me how old I am. I automatically responded with 27, paused a couple of seconds, then said "wait... ****, I'm turning 30 in a few days!"

Good times.

Reading this thread again, it does amaze me how young the non-cook collectors are...for the most part. Or it is probably just the more active ones, but disposable income normally does tend to lend itself to a bit more age. I can see how the cooks tend to be younger, based on what we hear here and elsewhere as to the environment.

Don't see that I have posted on this thread before, 42 here.

I will question how many expensive knives have been purchased after we "drink too much" :bigeek:

I hear ya, I turned 31 a couple days ago... after going at it for a few years now it's kinda catching up with me and I need to slow down. Still have other big picture expenses to keep in mind (mortgage, car payments, etc.) plus I'd like to sell my condo and get a house too which will make the mortgage even more.

Back