How old are you guys?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same age as Will Smith, Jennifer Aniston, Hugh Jackman and Cate Blanchett.
I have NOT aged as well 😄

20 years old
Amazing, we have children here! Fortunately, this is a suitable-for-children forum ;)

But, seriously, I'm stoked that some young folks are hanging around here. Because cooking and enjoying food is one of the most basic pleasures of life. (It beats sex, hands down. That's because I get to eat a lot more often than I get to have sex, especially as I get older…)

Hang around, enjoy the vibe, and make sure to pass on what you have learned to your children!

I cook as well as I do largely because of my father. He instilled an interest in cooking in me when I was a teenager. Even though I didn't learn all that many recipes or techniques from him, he did show me that there was a world out there that is worth exploring. That's probably one of the biggest gifts he ever gave me.

Amazing, we have children here! Fortunately, this is a suitable-for-children forum ;)

Cooking in professional kitchens is a young man's sport.

I cook as well as I do largely because of my father.

The reason I started cooking is for the same reason. He encouraged me to start a baking business, and helped me learn the basics. I wouldn't have found my love for cooking if he hadn't taught me our family recipes.

Age is relative. I'm 42, a middle age, and I guess quite a few fall into this category. Guarantee when I was in my teens or early twenties, I wouldn't be on a site like this. Had to start making decent money first, something that probably doesn't happen till your "old".

Age is relative. I'm 42, a middle age, and I guess quite a few fall into this category. Guarantee when I was in my teens or early twenties, I wouldn't be on a site like this. Had to start making decent money first, something that probably doesn't happen till your "old".
I’m in my teens. I‘ve been obsessed with this stuff for about a year, but knife/stone collecting is expensive and I don’t have much extra money to spend. I’m stuck with the budget stuff for now, until I can earn enough money to invest some, pay for utilities, food, etc. and still have money to spend on this hobby. Oh well.

I’m in my teens. I‘ve been obsessed with this stuff for about a year, but knife/stone collecting is expensive and I don’t have much extra money to spend. I’m stuck with the budget stuff for now, until I can earn enough money to invest some, pay for utilities, food, etc. and still have money to spend on this hobby. Oh well.
Yes, it is expensive. Keep up your passion, work hard, and be open to new things. It'll all work out. I posted this in another thread, but what got me into this hobby was my house was broken into when I was stationed overseas. Took my then-expensive Wustof set of knives. Within a year I was on Kramers order list and its all downhill from there.

Back