It's that time again! Help me with a new Gyuto!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chef Doom

Reaction score
The greatest country on Earth starting around 1963

KNIFE TYPE
Gyuto

Are you right or left handed?

I tend to use both to great pleasure and satisfaction.

Are you interested in a Western handle

I'm looking more for a Southern handle. Western handles are too cold and Wa-handles are too warm. A nice middle compromise will do.

What length of knife (blade) are you interested in (in inches or millimeters)?

263mm on the dot. No room for margin of error.

Do you require a stainless knife? (Yes or no)

Some kind of space metal you can only source from NASA or SpaceX. It must also form a nice blue patina when dicing tomatoes and onions.

What is your absolute maximum budget for your knife?

Unlimited but no more than an Omega Speedmaster. That is the absolute limit.

KNIFE USE
Do you primarily intend to use this knife at home or a professional environment?

This will be a show piece that barely gets used unless I am trying to impress a date for Netflix & Chill

What are the main tasks you primarily intend to use the knife for.

Threatening deadbeats that owes me large sums of money. Delivering difficult fetuses of all animals. Opening letters. Getting rid of hang nails. Cutting open cans of peas. Making the world a better place, by bringing hope to the young, the weak and the poor. Then I get the satisfaction of taking it away with endless Doom!

What knife, if any, are you replacing?

My collection was hidden by my imaginary friend Bob.

Do you have a particular grip that you primarily use? (Please click on this LINK for the common types of grips.)

The over and under...wait, is this a knife question?

What cutting motions do you primarily use? (Please click on this LINK for types of cutting motions and identify the two or three most common cutting motions, in order of most used to least used.)

I call it the Hack-A-Shaq. Sometimes for delicate work I will go for the Hammer Time. I stoped using Hot Potato due to high injury rate.

Comfort (e.g., lighter/heavier knife; better handle material; better handle shape; rounded spine/choil of the knife; improved balance)?

I want a light nimble laser like blade that can handle tough jobs like carrots, squash and coconuts.

Ease of Use (e.g., ability to use the knife right out of the box; smoother rock chopping, push cutting, or slicing motion; less wedging; better food release; less reactivity with food; easier to sharpen)?

I want the blade to glide through food like warm butter.

Edge Retention (i.e., length of time you want the edge to last without sharpening)?

It should maintain it's razor edge at 95% for a year before a touch up.

KNIFE MAINTENANCE
Do you use a bamboo, wood, rubber, or synthetic cutting board? (Yes or no.)

Metal sheets from a local abandoned factory.

Do you sharpen your own knives? (Yes or no.)

Sometimes on cinder blocks.

SPECIAL REQUESTS/COMMENTS

Looking for honyaki damascus blade that leans to the left. A nice design with glitter or stones would be nice. Also a handy LED light for cooking at night.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Chelsea Miller...“got more soul than a sock with a hole”
You know what, she is not a bad option. Sure it would be all lies just to make a sale, but coming from her they are lies I would be willing to believe.

cut brooklyn

I was looking for space or experimental metal, not mystery metal. There is a small but significant difference. One leaves you with suffering depression and buyers remorse. The other has you growing extra limbs and glowing a strange green color.

I was hoping you'd ask for the greatest knife in the universe, then when it came to the question:

- What knife, if any, are you replacing?
Kiwi Nakiri

Misses size by little but I think it is quite the show off ..
john-boorman-excalibur.jpg

Available from the LadyAtTheLake.com

Misses size by little but I think it is quite the show off ..
john-boorman-excalibur.jpg

Available from the LadyAtTheLake.com
Ordered one of these from the website. Packaging arrived soaked through, blade spotted with rust. 2/5 stars - would not buy again.

This is ridiculous! No knife is 263 mm on the dot. Plus you didn't even specify if it was heel to tip. But Williams and Sonoma sells some nice knives to impress dates while making chili and watching Netflix.

This is ridiculous! No knife is 263 mm on the dot. Plus you didn't even specify if it was heel to tip. But Williams and Sonoma sells some nice knives to impress dates while making chili and watching Netflix.
Screw all makers that measures handle to tip. That is as big of an offense as buying gas by the liter, using sunscreen at the beach, and putting a lime in my beer

I was hoping you'd ask for the greatest knife in the universe, then when it came to the question:

- What knife, if any, are you replacing?
Kiwi Nakiri
Hahaha never underestimate a kiwi knife.

I have to go back and read the thread about how to qoute, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. @doom, I can't argue with your assessments on your reply.

Last edited:
I have s miracle blade you could have. It came with a free one, but one is enough to do everything you need.

A carbon Machete can put an edge on a cinder block and awesome for delinquent bill collecting and dispatching homeless drug offenders on the sidewalks.

Send me a US$10000 deposit and I promise to get back to you eventually with my design. I guarantee that I'll work on the knife you desire. You're welcome.

Send me a US$10000 deposit and I promise to get back to you eventually with my design. I guarantee that I'll work on the knife you desire. You're welcome.
I will leave a 10% deposit of the $10000 deposit with a contract putting your house and pets as collateral.

Back