• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Joel Black Honyaki, Konosuke Tetsujin Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Same problem, different degenerate. Making room for incoming customs.

SOLD Joel Black Honyaki 180x50mm 180g in White #1 - $550 shipped and insured, USA.
Joel polished it to make the banding shine and balanced it quite nicely with the hamon. Has a nice patina after being used at home for a few meals. Comes with friction saya.

SOLD Konosuke Tetsujin 202x47mm in Blue #2 - $525 500 shipped and insured, USA.
Brand new in box with Konosuke saya but no pin.

Joel Black when it was new and in current condition

Tetsujin

Last edited:
If whoever bought the Joel wishes to move it along just lemme know please. Just finished a lot of board work with a 150mm petty and thought to myself “yeah that would be perfect”

Interesting to me that an FM will instantly disappear, but a konosuke tetsujin will sit. Same sharpener, and HT is great from either smith. Aren't we all just here for the cool konosuke stamps? 😂
EXACTLY! I mean the FM series is a bit different, but not that much. Just shows how crazy BST is right now.

Maybe a choil shot from the knife would help?

Out of curiosity, how is a kono tetsujin different than a normal one stamp aside?

I personally feel that unicorns aside, anything >300$ has had difficulty moving on BST. The hype for Sakai offerings I think have been replaced by workhorses and the limited market (and drawers) of veteran hobbyists who are willing to pay >300 for a nice knife has been filling up. Newer folks on the forum typically go for more affordable options and I’ve found my listings <200 go significantly faster.

Apologies for derailing a BST thread

Last edited:
Find a Tetsujin discussion thread somewhere and enter that conversation. Should be a lot of them.

Attachments

• IMG_8559.png
    IMG_8559.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 0
Back