Kanji Identification -- and "Library"?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About 6 years ago there was some discussion of creating a kanji "library" to help members identify various kanji. But AFAIK this was not pursued, although initially, in one relevant thread, several characters and associated makers were listed -- of great assistance to many, I'm sure, though not to those, like myself, who would need photos.

Anyway, could anyone identify the maker of the blade pictured in the unfortunately poor quality attached photo? Thanks.

Larry
Mystery Kanji.jpg

I have my own small private library. If you like it send me your mail adress.

About 6 years ago there was some discussion of creating a kanji "library" to help members identify various kanji. But AFAIK this was not pursued, although initially, in one relevant thread, several characters and associated makers were listed -- of great assistance to many, I'm sure, though not to those, like myself, who would need photos.

Anyway, could anyone identify the maker of the blade pictured in the unfortunately poor quality attached photo? Thanks.

LarryView attachment 52784

Comet [emoji94] https://www.cometknife.com/shop

IMG_3066.jpg

If there is a library it should say :
Fantastic knives with a killer grind and amazing performance!

File is on Server now. The link is active for 4weeks.
Link:
https://ufile.io/tpreye52

Maybe someone have other Kanjis and can add / reupload the file. Maybe we get a big library.

Last edited:
My ideal wish list when it comes to kanji identification -- as someone who is not sufficiently knowledgeable to identify most from viewing a knife itself (or picture of it), and who certainly cannot read Japanese characters -- would be to have a representative photo of the kanji alongside the characters. I guess that's too difficult/ambitious.

Back