Keith's kit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Neal

Reaction score
As a new kid on the block, I am way behind most of you in the knife collection business, but I have put together a few knives that seem suited to my needs.

Dave Martell 240 gyuto, 0-1 steel; Devin Thomas 240 gyuto powdered metal core stainless clad; Murray Carter 5.4 sun HG funayuki, white #1 core stainless clad; Butch Harner laser petty, Carpenter CTS XHP Alloy stainless.

USknives.jpg

Masamoto shiro-ko hongasumi 300 yanagiba; Ichimonji 270 kiritsuke white steel #2; Shigefusa Sujihiki “spicy” steel core, iron clad, handle and saya by Marko Tsourkan.

Jknives.jpg

Randy Haas Galaxy 240 gyuto, chopsticks from the same mammoth tusk as the handle, knife bag from Sachem Allison.

Galaxygyuto.jpg

Did everyone have a Shun phase?

Shuns.jpg

Del Ealy damascus tasting spoon.

Ealyspoon-1.jpg

Atoma 140, Beston 500, King 1200 & 6000, Naniwa 10000, Takashima Awasedo, Lacewood Leather Bench Hone

stones.jpg

I am really enjoying these tools, and appreciate everyone's help from here.

Keith

Impressive collection that looks like it was assembled with a purpose. I think that's also the first Shigefusa sujihiki I've ever seen. How does it perform?

Great collection. I love the DT and the Martell.

Nice Collection.

Any favorites here?

As a piece of art, Randy's Galaxy damascus with mammoth tusk is my favorite. It performs well, too, but it is artwork first. I have to admit that the Carter is certainly fun to cut with. The DT is fast becoming my most used knife. The Shig is a delight for slicing. The yanagiba was my first, and gets a lot of use for sashimi. The kiritsuke is a thing of beauty, the Martell cuts delightfully ... well, I guess I can't pick a favorite!

What a great collection Keith, thanks for sharing.

Not sure I have ever seen a Shigefusa sujihiki either. Impressive.

I don't blame you for not being able to pick a real favorite out of this bunch.

That's a nice set, thanks for the pictures. And the chop sticks are wonderfully decadent :)

Stefan

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys.

I certainly have everything a home cook needs, but my hunger for knives keeps increasing instead of being satisfied. Is there a cure for this affliction?

Keith

p.s. Michael, am I nearing the top of your wait list?

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys.

I certainly have everything a home cook needs, but my hunger for knives keeps increasing instead of being satisfied. Is there a cure for this affliction?

Keith

Yes.
grim_reaper.gif

Wow, Keith I love every one of your knives! I'm on Mr. Rader's waiting list and now I'm trying to figure out how I will ever be able to afford to be on Devin's as well. I absolutely need one of his sanmai gyutos!

If you are just a few steps behind then I am making baby steps. Nice line up. I missed the Shun phase, but barely I was looking at them when I found this site. Now I want something better.

I'm on Mr. Rader's waiting list
You too? It feels like ages and ages have passed since I got on it! And I haven't even passed his "estimated time" yet!!!

:knife::knife::knife:

To Keith, though, that's a really nice kit you got there. Don't shun the Shuns, they're just fine!

Back