KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG-20181113-WA0001.jpg

Been pretty hot here in southern NSW lately.

Since Xmas (31 days ago):
14 days over 40C (104f), 5 of those over 43C (109f).
Highest 44.4C (112f). Heading for 44 again today.
Only 6 days with a maximum below 35 C (95f). Lowest maximum 30.5 (87f).

The nights have been pretty hot too.

It's been so hot for so long that the cold tap water comes out warm enough to shower comfortably in and the pool feels like a warm bath.

The coastal cities have missed most of the heat but Adelaide and Melbourne are copping it now.

Pretty worried about fires over the next month. The bush is tinder-dry.

Chicago will be colder than Antarctica this week.

FML
Strange weather indeed. I heard that the windchill will be -42C (107f) and the authorities are telling people not to breathe deeply or speak while outside. I can't imagine what that's like.

I hope everyone caught in the polar vortex is OK and keeps as warm as possible.

For our part, we are getting a little relief from the extreme heat- only 36C (97f) today.

Strange weather indeed. I heard that the windchill will be -42C (107f) and the authorities are telling people not to breathe deeply or speak while outside. I can't imagine what that's like.

I hope everyone caught in the polar vortex is OK and keeps as warm as possible.

For our part, we are getting a little relief from the extreme heat- only 36C (97f) today.

-40C = -40f

Bought another veg peeler because old ones are like 10+ yrs old. Wife saw it and asked "Another veg peeler? How many do you need?". She never once complained or said anything about the 20 or so knives I've bought over the last year ...

Adding to @Nemo's comment...

Multiple fish-kills in far western NSW due to heat wave. Thousands of native fish dead.

I find it mildly humorous we are counting the posts when the forum software is doing a better job for us!

More amusing is the fact:
It's been 800 days, and there has been 1338 post. At current rates it will take another 2737 years to get to 1 million post, in the year 4756.

Do the permalinks for each post count the number of total posts in the entire KKForum (checkout the url suffix e.g. '.../page-45#post-593482') ? If so... it has taken this long for KKF to accumulate 'only' 600,000 posts across all threads since this forum has been alive...

Had to put down my dog of 14 years last week. She had multiple organ failure. Her absence is very much felt and I still feel terrible.

My 12 yo dog also died last week. I miss him very much. I still look for him every time I go outside.

I still expect my dog to be downstairs every morning I wake up. Takes some getting used to after 14 years. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's no fun at all.

Sorry to hear about your pets. I just sent one of my cats over the rainbow bridge on Nov 1st, she was an adopt that spent years at a shelter and considered pretty much unadoptable because her attitude and poor health. I spent two years just so I can sit beside her to pet her, and when she's angry she will pee/poo on your LEFT shoe (never the right). After my second child was born she went from half crazy, to 100% mama cat, guarded them as he slept, allowed the kids to do as the please to her, taught them to roll over, you couldn't believe it was the same cat. Our 6 years together was too short. I miss her everyday.

Our pets maybe just a part of our lives, but to them we are their everything.

Go give your pet a hug.

Latest posts

Back