KKF Massdrop IV - 田中義一 🇯🇵

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do we know if we made it into the massdrop? I'm ready to hit go on the western union transfer. (The guy selling Damascus knives from Pakistan is where we send the money right?)
If your wallet gets lighter after being contacted by @nakiriknaifuwaifu or @RockyBasel

yes, if you like a 225mm cutting edge, you should pick the 225mm option here.

Folks who like 250mm-range cutting edges should select that option.
For folks that like a 240...
d9ga9po-409eaf7d-2a95-44cc-b8b8-2282435c9775.jpg

Last edited:
Woooooow! When I saw Blue 1 the first blacksmith Came to my mind was Y. Tanaka. But I really don’t expect it to be him cause he’s already busy making Fujiyama and other knive brands for various vendors. what a surprise!!!

Great job lads.
This is an amazing project.
I'M IN!

Definitely keen. How do I add my interest? Is it first in first served once released on their website?

For the next 10 days this thread will see a lot of d*ck jokes, CM jokes, TF jokes, people pointlessly saying “I’m in”, and people asking how to get in.

After 10 days NKW will do a big multi-colored post announcing that it’s time to sign up and instructions for doing so. Most likely you’ll send a DM to one of the massketeers and then they’ll post a list after the window closes. After that they do a random number generator and pick however many lucky winners.

Presumably they’ll pass the list of winners on to Evan, and he’ll take orders at some point.

And oh yeah, some guy named coffee-something will do several posts asking if he can be added to list at the last minute because what’s one more and hey it doesn’t hurt to ask if you can cut in line ahead of a hundred other people. And somebody will ask Jobone to make another “special” handle for Ian b/c the one he got from Dalman isn’t big enough. No, you can’t get a special handle too because nobody’s as special as Ian.

Great specifications and collaboration! Wow!

Evan came up with the idea of a wrought iron cladding – which we could not find in Japan, so Evan was able to source billet from the UK with Topp & Company. Topp & Co smelt and roll some of the best (and perhaps the only "new") wrought iron in existence, used to restore many historic landmarks such as Castle Howard and Westminster Abbey.
Any chance we will get to see samples?

Wrought iron is one of those things that teeters on the edge of beautiful and ugly. It can look stunning... or it can look.... 😒

It would be neat to know if it is likely to have tight bands... loose bands... swirls... splotches. It is one of those "I know it when I see it" aesthetics.

Bloody cool though!! British wrought iron (rentetsu / 錬鉄) was used in Japan from the mid 1800's onwards. It was used for heavy industries and infrastructure like the railroads. A nice, accidental historical loop there!

By "Full Polish", does it mean that the knife will be finished on natural stones/fingerstones and the bevel will not have any highs/lows?

As someone who missed the previous 3 drops, I appreciate the synopsis of what I can expect this season of carrot dangling.

I guess at this point it turns into a few episodes of DBZ, but with people saying “I’m in” instead of charging kamehamehas 🐉🏀
I actually enjoy watching 10 consecutive episodes of kamehamehas and SSJ powerups 😛

Back