• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Knife Addict Complete Set Part II

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bico Doce

aka Big Dice / Bocce Ballz / Big Douche
Reaction score
Hey KKF,

Im kinda going thru a reset and Ive decided offer up another package set. I will give you the notice when Im ready to break this set up but until then I wont consider offers for individual knives (if you want to send a DM anyways that's fine but it wont necessarily guarantee any of these for you in advance). There are few that if sold separately are earmarked for certain individuals but I would like to prioritize getting as many as these out in as few transactions as possible.

Asking $8400 via PayPal G&S shipped/insured CONUS (international DM please). Discount for wire/PayPal F&F - $8100

Kono FM, Suiboku and Tetsujin Metal Flow are SPF.

The remaining knives are up for grabs with one stipulation - total cost has to exceed $2000. So buy 2 or all of them. Looking to wrap this up in a few more transactions.

Available knives and pricing listed below

KnifePayPal G&SPayPal F&F/Wire
Description: Devin Thomas Dammy Gyuto
Size: 252 x 57 mm
$1,604$1,550
Description: Halcyon Forge Honyaki (SOLD)
Size: 220 x 53 mm
$1,553$1,500
Description: Heldqvist Gyuto
Size: 240 x 57 mm
$963$930
Description: Hyde Gyuto (SOLD)
Size: 230 x 55 mm
$647$625
Description: JNS Y Tanaka Damascus Gyuto
Size: 217 x 45 mm
$549$530
Description: Joel Black Big Booty Gyuto (Sold)
Size: 253 x 55 mm
$849$820
Description: Konosuke Tetsujin Gyuto
Size: 230 x 50 mm
$569$550

Thanks for taking a look!

Weight: 284 grams
Steel: 52100 (edge), 80crv2/Nickel-Iron alloy ladder damascus (back)
Finish: polished
Handle: Cocobolo
Geometry: middleweight, thin convex
Condition: Purchased directly from DT. Like new, never sharpened
Link:
Pics:

Description: Halcyon Forge Honyaki (Sold)
Weight: 255 grams
Steel: Old stock w2
Finish: Full polish
Handle: Fossilized mammoth ivory
Geometry: Full convex, medium grind
Condition: Purchased direct from Joe. Like new, smallest bit of patina from initial cut test. There is the tiniest gap in between the tang and handle scale. The scales are stabilized and shouldnt develop too much more. I contacted Joe about it and he said he would take care of it but suggested waiting a bit longer before sending it on to fix.
Link: 220x53 W2 Mammoth Honyaki — Halcyon Forge
Pics:

Description: Heldqvist Gyuto (Sold)
Weight: 226 grams
Steel: Twr/wrought iron, nickel
Finish: ku, kasumi
Handle: stabilized black hornbeam
Geometry: Assuming stone polished bevel
Condition: Purchased from crocker cutlery. Used but never sharpened. Play around with polish, minor patina has developed
Link: Heldqvist 240mm western gyuto- black
Pics:

Description: Hyde Semi Integral Western Gyuto (Sold)
Weight: 220 grams
Steel: 26c3/shear steel cladding
Finish: ku
Handle: Ziricote
Geometry: Middleweight, thin convex
Condition: Purchased direct from Hyde. BNIB
Link: 230mm San Mai Chef
Pics:

Description: Joel Black Big Booty Gyuto (Sold)
Weight: 317 grams
Steel: apexultra/wrought iron
Finish: ku, kasumi
Handle: Bog oak
Geometry: wh
Condition: BNIB. Handle install is not the cleanest Ive seen but seems to be pretty standard for JB (at least based on the 2 Ive owned). There is a slight gap that I could fill with silicone to seal but Ive highlighted it in the pics. Comes with saya and kiradashi
Link:
Pics:

Last edited:
Weight: 147 grams
Steel: blue 1/damascus cladding
Finish: polished
Handle: torched ho wood (D shaped, righty)
Geometry: Thin convex, sakai laser
Condition: Acquired in trade. Patina has formed, used but still looks great
Link:
Pics:

Description: Konosuke Fujiymama FM Gyuto (Sold)
Size: 203 x 50 mm
Weight: 160 grams
Steel: white 1/soft iron
Finish: Migaki, Kasumi
Handle: ebony, blonde horn ferrule
Condition: Acquired in trade. Patina removed and lightly hand sanded and polished to restore finish. Never sharpened. Saya/pin included
Link:
Pics:

Description: Konosuke Tetsujin Gyuto (withdrawn)
Weight: 182 grams
Steel: Blue 2, soft iron
Finish: Migaki, Kasumi
Handle: Khii Ebony Octagonal
Geometry: convex
Condition: Purchased from WTB from 2 owner. Used and sharpened once. Some pretty light scuffing on one side highlighted in pics from polishing. Original saya/pin included
Link:
Pics:

Description: Takada no Hamono (Nakagawa) Gyuto (Sold)
Size: 225 x 48 mm
Weight: 155 grams
Steel: Blue 2/soft iron
Finish: suiboku
Handle: torched ho wood/buffalo horn ferrule
Condition: Acquired in trade. Patina removed and sharpened. Lightly hand sanded and polished with finger stones. Suiboku finish is fading
Link:
Pics:

Description: Tetsujin Metal Flow K Tip (Sold)
Size: 231 x 50 mm
Weight: 187 grams
Steel: Blue 2/soft iron
Finish: Polished, etched
Handle: Birch(?) blonde horn ferrule (installed), extra ebony with silver spacer handle
Condition: Acquired in trade. Originally purchased from Tosho. Great condition. Patina has formed but never sharpened. Slight defect on handle, came from Tosho like this
Link:
Pics:

Last edited:
Edit:
: SPF
Kono FM, Suiboku, Tetsujin Metal Flow, HF, Hyde, Heldqvist, Joel Black: Sold

The remaining knives are up for grabs with one stipulation - total cost has to exceed $2000 $1000. So buy 2 or all of them. Looking to wrap this up in a few more transactions. Pricing listed below

$1,604$1,550
Description: Halcyon Forge Honyaki
$1,553$1,500
$963$930
Description: Hyde Gyuto
$647$625
$549$530
Description: Joel Black Big Booty Gyuto
$849$820
$569$550

Last edited:
2 more down (HF & Hyde). See list above for what's left.

Total cost has to exceed $1k so Devin Thomas is up for grabs or any combination of the others.
$1,604$1,550
$963$930
$549$530
Description: Joel Black Big Booty Gyuto
$849$820
$569$550

Last edited:
Can we put PP F&F price in BST thread??
I listed both but if there’s something else I can do I’m open to suggestions. Where should I put the f&f price?

It's on BST and PayPal rules

"PayPal's rules of use specifically prohibit the seller asking for a buyer to cover PP fees AND also prohibit requesting F/F payments to avoid those fees.

BST ads will comply with PP Rules or be taken down."

Maybe admin can explain and if I can put the PP F&F price than is great 😄

It's on BST and PayPal rules

"PayPal's rules of use specifically prohibit the seller asking for a buyer to cover PP fees AND also prohibit requesting F/F payments to avoid those fees.

BST ads will comply with PP Rules or be taken down."

Maybe admin can explain and if I can put the PP F&F price than is great 😄
Ya man, I thought that was all about listing only PayPal f&f. The mods have seen this thread and haven’t said anything so I’m guessing we’re good. I’m not pressuring anyone to do f&f. I offer to those who know me and would like to save a few bucks.

Joel Black is SPF Sold

Last edited:
Heldqvist is sold.

All knives up for grabs

Ya man, I thought that was all about listing only PayPal f&f. The mods have seen this thread and haven’t said anything so I’m guessing we’re good. I’m not pressuring anyone to do f&f. I offer to those who know me and would like to save a few bucks.
I don't get it, Dave shut down my b/s/t thread because I had G&S and FF, but maybe mods have favorites....I have seen plenty of other sale threads having this format. His own post on the paypal thread said "sellers are just not allowed to require FF...so as long as you are offering G&S I don't see the problem.

I don't get it, Dave shut down my b/s/t thread because I had G&S and FF, but maybe mods have favorites....I have seen plenty of other sale threads having this format. His own post on the paypal thread said "sellers are just not allowed to require FF...so as long as you are offering G&S I don't see the problem.
I honestly don’t see an issue either with this format. It’s transparent, there’s no bait and switch but if it’s breaking a rule then I’ll change it. I doubt I’m anyone’s favorite here so im not sure why this hasn’t been flagged if it’s not in compliance with the rules.

I honestly don’t see an issue either with this format. It’s transparent, there’s no bait and switch but if it’s breaking a rule then I’ll change it. I doubt I’m anyone’s favorite here so im not sure why this hasn’t been flagged if it’s not in compliance with the rules.
It makes perfect sense. FF for those that want to spend less, and G&S for those that are wary. I swear this is the only forum/online hobby community I know that hasn't switched away from G&S anyways. No protection for the seller, extra fees, and more tax filing to be done.

Devin Thomas, Kono Tetsujin and Y Tanaka are available. Drops across the board - F&F is now the G&S, so basically everyone is friends and family

$1,550$1,500
$530$510
Description: Konosuke Tetsujin Gyuto (withdrawn)
$550$525

Last edited:
Balance point for the DT

92AD9D6E-B23D-4E83-A068-6326A59E5500.jpeg

Tetsujin is withdrawn. Big drop on the Y Tanaka $530 -> $450

$1,550$1,500