Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also curious - anyone has any photos of the finish from this stone? a point and shoot kasumi synth sounds appealing
Not this one but i can post a shot from my JNS red Aoto when I get time to continue the progression on my project Tanaka.

Okay let’s be honest with ourselves here. No one really wanted a Takeda until they became virtually extinct.
I even cancelled a custom order I accidentally placed with him a few years back, after confusing his email with Watanabe.

Okay let’s be honest with ourselves here. No one really wanted a Takeda until they became virtually extinct.
Not… totally… true. I have love Takedas for awhile. Here is the thing his rectangles are among the very best knives imho. I’ve had 1 classic nakiri, 1nas nakiri, 1 small classic cleaver, and 2 large NAS Cleaver, a NAS 165 petty, and 1 classic 240 gyuto. And loved them all, except one. I still own the small classic cleaver a large and small NAS cleaver. I honestly never understood the Takeda hate untill I got the 240 classic gyuto. My rectangles would slay onions and were overall great cutters, but the classic gyuto fit all the negative stereotypes I had heard. It was very flexy and very wedgy. I’m not saying it could of been tuned up, but I didn’t care for it ootb. There will be sone rectangle owners that wished they had gotten one imho. Of course, everyone has their own opinion and experiences, but they are among my very favorite knives.

Not… totally… true. I have love Takedas for awhile. Here is the thing his rectangles are among the very best knives imho. I’ve had 1 classic nakiri, 1nas nakiri, 1 small classic cleaver, and 2 large NAS Cleaver, a NAS 165 petty, and 1 classic 240 gyuto. And loved them all, except one. I still own the small classic cleaver a large and small NAS cleaver. I honestly never understood the Takeda hate untill I got the 240 classic gyuto. My rectangles would slay onions and were overall great cutters, but the classic gyuto fit all the negative stereotypes I had heard. It was very flexy and very wedgy. I’m not saying it could of been tuned up, but I didn’t care for it ootb. There will be sone rectangle owners that wished they had gotten one imho. Of course, everyone has their own opinion and experiences, but they are among my very favorite knives.
Agree 100%. The gyutos with the wide grinds and super light weight are not my favorite to use due to wedging. But the cleaver version features a beefier spine for added stiffness and weight which combos perfectly

Some takedas are good…I had this OG 240mm suji and it’s probably the best suji I’ve ever used to date. But Cmon those NOS profiles suck. Maybe the right Sasa with the right grind would be nice.
Anyway I’m joining team Moritaka, who’s with me?

Latest posts

Back