Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's yo, but glowy

ok ngl kinda the coolest thing on the knife rack! do kinda want for 375. If its still there by next year.

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Ready for round #2 @KAMON Knives?
A guy once presented me with the idea of using small tritium tubes (which glow in the dark (usually used on watch dials (look into it if you don't know what I'm talking about))), and insert them in the tiny screw holes (👀), of a handle made out of a translucent material. I thought something like PC30GF/ghost jade g10.

I found the idea was interesting actually, but seems one needs special permission over here in Austria/EU to use the tritium. Some boring excuse about radiation and hazards 🥱.
We'll see. Maybe forging a blade from depleted uranium is the easier route.

A guy once presented me with the idea of using small tritium tubes (which glow in the dark (usually used on watch dials (look into it if you don't know what I'm talking about))), and insert them in the tiny screw holes (👀), of a handle made out of a translucent material. I thought something like PC30GF/ghost jade g10.

I found the idea was interesting actually, but seems one needs special permission over here in Austria/EU to use the tritium. Some boring excuse about radiation and hazards 🥱.
Homer Simpson can help you out!

It might be possible to do it with photophorescent materials? Those basically store light and emit it slowly. So you'd have to store them in the light, can't put it in a drawer for it to work.
I'm sure you could also rig together some kind of battery slot and some LEDs somewhere in your takedown handles. ;)

The best thing about uranium knives is that you can legit market it as 'self-sharpening'!

Back