Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blade F&F up there with the best available. However the handle install was shonky. That was approx 4-5 years ago so hopefully its improved.
I just don’t enjoy the undersized Sakai 240mm size. Even some of my fave knives ultimately weren’t keepers because I don’t enjoy 230mm blade length.
Hell, even this TF that’s 242-243mm feels not long enough lol.

Kamon cleavers (2) up at eating tools...bring your wallet and piggy bank.

Kamon cleavers (2) up at eating tools...bring your wallet and piggy bank.
'
CRAZYYYYY
denty-s-grind-cleaver-230mm.jpg

That's... bonkers. It's 486gm for the 230x100mm, so that top section is actually really thick, but still, it's hard to believe that will actually survive use.
His handle is also much heavier than most Japanese knives with the metal end caps and "pommel" tang. Still a lot of blade heft though.
I'm seeing a lot of s grinds getting ridiculously thin and it's making me wonder when is the durability affected? A friend sent me an orion blade picture a day or so ago and it looks like the thickness would barely register on my calipers.

Well someone is feeling lucky. Both cleavers sold. Good luck to the buyer of the wasp waist chopper.

Well someone is feeling lucky. Both cleavers sold. Good luck to the buyer of the wasp waist chopper.
I can’t believe how fast these are selling. Eating tools must ha e some serious heavy hitters in their mailing lists.
Personally I don’t see the attraction for Dentys, even at a much lower price than the ask.

Sharp Knife Shop has two Rover Jump Santokus.
Are there 2 river jump series? Knifewears is much cheaper and the pattern is half the blade face.
knifewears much more but full length pattern?
is there an unryuumon range as well?

Back