Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are also Kamon handles without those holes/screws:

1000006910.jpg

Oh, I really love the concept and I was being sincere in my reply! Them little screw holes are a heckin foodsafe disaster tho, donno what else to say (though to be fair, these don't seem to be marketed towards anyone who would need to worry about that).

If you know you’re going to be handling raw proteins with your knife hand then don’t reach for the one with the screw holes?

Personally my knife hand stays clean while prepping so it’s never been an issue for me. If you tend to get raw proteins touching your handle then a dedicated butchery knife with a handle that can stand up to soapy water and a sealed tang seems like a good idea.

On the Nakiri on Tetogi, there are what look like superficial cracks growing from the KU finish into the kasumi. Is that a. Aesthetic choice or a superficial flaw?

I've been following him for a year or so now on Instagram and his work has been looking good. I was pondering a custom from him, but he closed his books before he I got to it.

On the Nakiri on Tetogi, there are what look like superficial cracks growing from the KU finish into the kasumi. Is that a. Aesthetic choice or a superficial flaw?
To me they look like superficial lines in the weight iron cladding - especially being so high up. If the were close to the cladding line I would be concerned but they seem far enough away that they would be thinned away before they were any part of an issue.

But that is based on the pictures. A bladesmith may have a different take

Back