Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunch of TF in stock at Knifewear.

IMOBVIOUSLYACHEF code brings the cost to a more reasonable spot
1000008017.jpg

....Rare knives?

Sharpened it twice in 8 years? Either it's as sharp as a butter knife, or he's used it once a year 🤣😭

Just had a similar experience! It seems that this TF Denka is highly regarded for its performance/feel, so I did some research on EU retailers and found a Swiss shop offering one Wa Gyuto (272) big boy...for a "hefty"sum : https://www.japanische-kochmesser.c...su-Denka-Wa-Gyuto-272mm-Cherrywood::3716.html
Since I also often read comments about its numerous imperfections regarding fit & finish (blade, the handle, etc.), this inflation in prices seems quite excessive (even if it has been a trend for some time with many brands)...

Last edited:
o I did some research on EU retailers and found a Swiss shop offering one Wa Gyuto (272) big boy...for a "hefty"sum
The price jump from 210 to 240 has always been terrible, absurd. That's why you've often only ever seen 210 and smaller Denkas being posted.
Right now we have a really favourable exchange rate.
It still comes out to over 800€ direct, without shipping so add another 30-70€.
With taxes and everything it comes up to 1100€.
https://www.teruyasu.net/products/japanese_knife_gyuto_denka_jstyle.html

That shop really is expensive but they have a good and broad range.
Oh, and don´t forget we people from the EU still have to pay import tax & customs, despite being within europe.
They have always everything in stock go figure 🤣

That shop really is expensive but they have a good and broad range.
Oh, and don´t forget we people from the EU still have to pay import tax & customs, despite being within europe.
I mean, it's Switzerland... What do you expect?

I lived there for a while, everything is ridiculously expensive. Groceries, Gas, Transit (although everything is very efficient), it's not at all affordable. Swiss people are used to paying obscene amounts for things so it makes sense that they'd list at such high prices

Back