Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initial thoughts? I'm stuck in "refresh USPS tracking" hell for the next few days.
It's exactly what you want it to be. I probably got the runt of the litter, but it's great. I'll post some pics tonight. It is handleless, so I just haphazardly slapped one kinda on to get some test cuts in. I had some expecations on this one and they were met. Sometimes, makers will change sizes and the grind is completely different, not the case here. I am figuring out my handle right now and will hopefully have it mounted by EOB Sunday.

Jiro wrought clad prototype

IMG_4871.png

Tony at Tokushu has some 240 Shindos if you’re really needing a big Shindo in your life, he’ll put one away for you
They’re closed working on back log of customs rn so wound go out for a week
Where did you talk to them? I messaged on IG and got left on read like the ex girlfriend used to do 😓

Where did you talk to them? I messaged on IG and got left on read like the ex girlfriend used to do 😓
I had to drop by in-person. Talking with Zach, they are beyond busy and, if i'm perceiving it correctly, doing the best they can to stay above water. Between fulfilling orders, rehandling, sharpening, sales, etc. He has about every minute of the day spoken for. They just changed their hours too as a reflection of this. They brought on a new person recently too but they're still crazy busy. Their current space isn't huge and they're looking to move their B&M storefront, I'm assuming to accommodate more staff and have a bigger showroom, among other things. When they first opened, there weren't too many people coming in, but now, almost every time I have been there, it's been very busy.

We just don't have anything like this anywhere close and it shows that there is an appetite for it. People are coming in from a couple/few hours away now. I was explaining to my partner how much of a luxury it is to have a quality knife purveyor in the same town as you, especially a city the size of Chattanooga. They're a solid store that's invested in the community and provide a good service, and I'm glad they're here (if you couldn't tell lol).

I had to drop by in-person. Talking with Zach, they are beyond busy and, if i'm perceiving it correctly, doing the best they can to stay above water. Between fulfilling orders, rehandling, sharpening, sales, etc. He has about every minute of the day spoken for. They just changed their hours too as a reflection of this. They brought on a new person recently too but they're still crazy busy. Their current space isn't huge and they're looking to move their B&M storefront, I'm assuming to accommodate more staff and have a bigger showroom, among other things. When they first opened, there weren't too many people coming in, but now, almost every time I have been there, it's been very busy.

We just don't have anything like this anywhere close and it shows that there is an appetite for it. People are coming in from a couple/few hours away now. I was explaining to my partner how much of a luxury it is to have a quality knife purveyor in the same town as you, especially a city the size of Chattanooga. They're a solid store that's invested in the community and provide a good service, and I'm glad they're here (if you couldn't tell lol).

Placed an order for the tall Shindo on 5/1/24 and didn't get another notification until yesterday that it was shipped out. Your experience with how busy they are certainly explains that delay now. Glad I didn't bug them incessantly about my order like I was so tempted to do.

A bit more transparency would have been welcome upon the publication of this re-release, but Milan's work is truly sublime, and the profile of this blade is indeed versatile. Tempting...
I won't comment on the transparency front, but I'll chime in to say I was the original buyer. The knife was tipped during shipping as Peter updated the post to note.

Just wanted to say that Peter worked quickly to make everything right given the damage. I've already purchased from him again so he obviously gets my stamp of approval on the customer support front.

I really like that 245mm and would buy it but 70USD for shipping is 1/9 the cost of knife - can’t justify it. Why can I ship to the UK and USA anything under 500g for a fraction of that?
Thankfully someone bought it I had to stop myself a few times 😅
About shipping costs I think that is due the fact he ships duty payed on his end but this is just my speculation. In Europe we would be hit with a 30-40% import fee so 55 euros shipping fee is a win. Probably not for the other lucky countries 😬😜

Thankfully someone bought it I had to stop myself a few times 😅
About shipping costs I think that is due the fact he ships duty payed on his end but this is just my speculation. In Europe we would be hit with a 30-40% import fee so 55 euros shipping fee is a win. Probably not for the other lucky countries 😬😜
I think that’s right but there wouldn’t be any customs for a purchase under 1000aud, so doesn’t make sense on that knife. Kinda frustrating - I really likes the ku and wrought and grind on that one.

I think that’s right but there wouldn’t be any customs for a purchase under 1000aud, so doesn’t make sense on that knife. Kinda frustrating - I really likes the ku and wrought and grind on that one.
That’s just the cost for shipping with a courier such as DHL outside of the UK unfortunately.

I usually use the international service from our national carrier which runs around £30 - everything else is much higher.

Back