Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Ryndunk look, one of us!!!

@Gregmega I still call it though
It was after it was out of stock. I heard the whispers here and emailed to ask if they would restock ironclad. At the time they thought it would be iron up next, but they also said there was one left not on the site and I could grab it. Had just bought a knife that week and figured I didn’t wanna upset the missus. Next restock they were stainless clad and a bit more pricey. That regret stings a bit still

What's the kkf member discount?
In the not too distant past, forum members could score a 10% discount by simply entering their user name in the comments box, ie “KKF member: Supraunleaded”. The total would still display the full price but you’d noticed the discount on your credit card charge. This discount was available in the past when Epic Edge was a vendor partner on this site but lately I haven’t seen their posts on here so I’m not 100% positive it’s still valid. I have been told anecdotally that it still works. It also may not work for all brands sold at Epic Edge, so it’s best to check with them.

In the not too distant past, forum members could score a 10% discount by simply entering their user name in the comments box, ie “KKF member: Supraunleaded”. The total would still display the full price but you’d noticed the discount on your credit card charge. This discount was available in the past when Epic Edge was a vendor partner on this site but lately I haven’t seen their posts on here so I’m not 100% positive it’s still valid. I have been told anecdotally that it still works. It also may not work for all brands sold at Epic Edge, so it’s best to check with them.

Perhaps it won't work but there appears to be Watanabe Blue #2 Stainless Clad in stock. Not sure if it is any cheaper than buying directly from Shinichi.

The Watanabe at Epic Edge is quite cheap even before the forum member discount...and I did get the 10% off when I bought my Wakui there in October last year.

Did you get your Forum Discount by just noting it in the comments section with your Forum user name?

Did you get your Forum Discount by just noting it in the comments section with your Forum user name?
I sent them an email asking how it works and they told me their system will authorize full amount first and then they manually adjust the amount to reflect the 10% discount when they review your order manually. And yes, all you need to do is putting your KKF ID in comment. It doesn’t hurt to confirm by sending them an email asking about the specific knife you are interested in though.

Pettys are the hardest of all knife purchases for me.
However, that Tanaka suji wh1 could be a quite the catch if the price is right.

Do you do a lot of in hand delicate stuff that requires a petty?

I'm ashamed to say that my only petty (Ikazuchi 135mm) has been converted to a steal knife - and yes, that means I use it on stoneware plates.

Worth it.

(if I need a smaller knife, my cute little Sakai 210mm gyuto handles everything mightily)

Last edited:
Do you do a lot of in hand delicate stuff that requires a petty?

I'm ashamed to say that my only petty (Ikazuchi 135mm) has been converted to a steal knife - and yes, that means I use it on stoneware plates.

Worth it.

(if I need a smaller knife, my cute little Sakai 210mm handles everything mightily)
I rarely use my petty, mostly used it if I was filling in on a station or for cutting small items on expo. and for meat/poultry butchery, silverskin removal, etc.

My paring knife almost never comes out to play. Last use was like 2 months ago to french some airline chix.

Latest posts

Back