Knife Storage

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m moving in June and a magnetic bar on the wall isn’t possible (my current setup). I’m going to buy a knife drawer organizer for them, but hoping to solve two problems with one organizer.

1. It would be great if it could fit my 300m Toyoma Sujihiki. 18.25” in total
length.

2. I don’t believe I’ll be storing steak knives with it, so not sure I need all of those empty spots.

Any recommendations? My next longest knife is a 240mm Sujihiki so I’m not too concerned with that as 240mm seems to be a normal limit.

Thanks for any help with this!

I’m moving in June and a magnetic bar on the wall isn’t possible (my current setup). I’m going to buy a knife drawer organizer for them, but hoping to solve two problems with one organizer.

1. It would be great if it could fit my 300m Toyoma Sujihiki. 18.25” in total
length.

2. I don’t believe I’ll be storing steak knives with it, so not sure I need all of those empty spots.

Any recommendations? My next longest knife is a 240mm Sujihiki so I’m not too concerned with that as 240mm seems to be a normal limit.

Thanks for any help with this!
Long enough drawer for the Sujihiki.

Yeah the drawer is 20” or 21”. Forget exactly off the top of my head, but it’s long enough.
image.jpg

I saw that, but I promise my wife is not going to approve that. It’s also a longer drawer so it will only take up the left side of the drawer. There won’t be anything for that cork to lean against on the right side.

Guess it depends what your priorities are and how much work you're planning to put into it. You could pretty easily support the cork on one side with a piece of wood attached to the drawer, or put it inside its own little box. Or buy something like this.

But maybe the aesthetics of it are the problem? I threw this together a year and a half ago in under an hour thinking it was going to be a temporary solution, but turns out it's permanent. Probably could make it prettier if you tried.

Anyway, if you want something wood bamboo, I think @stringer uses one. Here's his post.

Last edited:
Guess it depends what your priorities are and how much work you're planning to put into it. You could pretty easily support the cork on one side with a piece of wood attached to the drawer, or put it inside its own little box. Or buy something like this.

But maybe the aesthetics of it are the problem? I threw this together a year and a half ago in under an hour thinking it was going to be a temporary solution, but turns out it's permanent. Probably could make it prettier if you tried.

Anyway, if you want something wood bamboo, I think @stringer uses one. Here's his post.
I’m as practical as the next guy, but my wife would not be down with the cork solution. I’ll check out that bamboo one. Thanks!

Last I checked, that specific one @stringer has was unavailable, and the similar commercial ones (or the one I tried anyhow) "didn't work". Specifically, the stops didn't work with Wa handles, and the knife tip was unprotected. More info in previous posts on this thread.

Length is an issue with the majority of commercial solutions, unless you're a really dedicated bunka-boy who sticks to short stuff.
That's also why the cork stuff is so brilliant; it's incredibly easy to make yet infinitely flexible.

Length is an issue with the majority of commercial solutions, unless you're a really dedicated bunka-boy who sticks to short stuff.
That's also why the cork stuff is so brilliant; it's incredibly easy to make yet infinitely flexible.
Yea, I saw a lot of them don't accommodate 240 mm blades. The one I tried seemed long enough, but the blade width near the tip left the tip sticking up in the air.

Leaning towards the Victorinox with the adjustable widths right now

Back