Knife Tatoo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Customfan

Reaction score
Just saw a tatto of a kitchen knife on someone... which got me thinking 🤔 if you were going to get a tatto... what brand of knife type and setting would it be?

Me?

A Haburn Sanmai damascus suji mid slice through a bunch of onions with a celebrity chef in the backround wearing a big motorcycle helmet with a Ducati in the background. :D

Or a DT raindrop cleaver next to a hogs head atop El Capitan with bolts of lightning comming out of Zeus pinky finger....:laugh:

Or me with a huge Takobiki in one hand going through a gorgeous Tuna while at Tsukiji while eating a gyoza in the other hand wearing a leopard leisure suit :eek2:

I always find it funny when people just have the basic German knife profile tattoo*.
I would think that it'd be odd to have a knife you don't own as a tattoo.
If I had an awesome Tamahagane knife that'd probably be my choice though

I had that tatoo a long time ago when i still had it. It was my most used knfe back then on the line even though it was cheap loved every bit of it

I had that tatoo a long time ago when i still had it. It was my most used knfe back then on the line even though it was cheap loved every bit of it
Sorry Geoff, wasn't refrencing you at all. Apologies if it came across that way.
I ment it'd be odd for me to get a Damascus Kato tattooed if I'd never owned one. The personal connection to the knife would be the most important aspect for me.

No worries mate. I do have a special candidate for my next tattoo its either my yoshimitsu watetsu tamahagane or hiromune takaba tamahagane petty.

what if you heat one up over the stove and then brand yourself with it? don't get more personal than that
Wouldn't want to mess up the heat treat... but I'd give it a go

Wow, those are both bada$$
I remember Nutmeg posting the Hiromune before.
Thanks for sharing!

I would get a tat of a knife I made myself, only. Maybe a Masamoto honyaki, as it's a classic icon. Otherwise, seems cliche.

If I had to get one of have my Ikeda honyaki tamahagane yanagi and HHH k tip Damascus gyuto dueling, two very different knives but both produced at the highest level possible in their styles.

This was bassed of the first custom handmade knife I ever bought, a 270x60 Moritaka (a good one lol) with ebony octogon handle. We left the Kanji off for two reasons, one it would blur overtime and two I wanted the knife to be more abiguous, and for tattos that is alweays a good idea in thre rare instance that the knife maker would be found to be a pedofile or something haha. This was done in 2011-2012.

IMG_7069.jpg

Nenox suji, masamoto gyuto, sabatier boning knife. Lake superior in place of kanji on the gyuto. Spent a decade living there, that time led me down this crazy journey I've been on.

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_195406224.jpg
    IMG_20200514_195406224.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 79
I have a half-sleeve of culinary plants (to be completed once we're all able to leave our homes again...) and thought about including a knife or three, but decided in the end that "big bearded white dude with a knife tattoo" wasn't the persona I was going for 😂

I just finished my mushroom sleeve a couple months before all this.

Back