• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke Fujiyama White #2 Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummed for ya. Poor form.
On the upside, when you finally do get one you'll have a better story :)

Sucks dude. Like you say, I can't fault the owner, though. But I really feel bad for you, man. Especially after reading your AMAZING writeup on Kono's over time... If anyone deserves to get ahold of one of these bad boys, it's you my man.

What's all the poor form stuff about? Am I missing something here?

Someone posted on the OP's WTB thread that he had the desired knife.
Before the OP could negotiate a deal, others swept in and persuaded the seller to sell the knife to them instead.

The bad form is that the knife in question was "posted" in a WTB thread not it's own WTS thread.
As such, manners dictate that the OP of the WTB thread should have an opportunity to negotiate a transaction before third parties swoop in with their offers.

If the seller wanted to sell for best price he should start his own thread, not post in someone's WTB thread and then field offers...

Last edited:
The seller was in the wrong...he fished those offers from the get go. "I could be interested in selling it for the right price." A standup member would have stated a price and given you first shot...or gone straight to DM.

Someone posted on the OP's WTB thread that he had the desired knife.
Before the OP could negotiate a deal, others swept in and persuaded the seller to sell the knife to them instead.

The bad form is that the knife in question was "posted" in a WTB thread not it's own WTS thread.
As such, manners dictate that the OP of the WTB thread should have an opportunity to negotiate a transaction before third parties swoop in with their offers.

If the seller wanted to sell for best price he should start his own thread, not post in someone's WTB thread and then field offers...

Thanks for clearing that up.

The seller was in the wrong...he fished those offers from the get go. "I could be interested in selling it for the right price." A standup member would have stated a price and given you first shot...or gone straight to DM.
Agree. New member with insufficient post count to sell on BST figured out a way to circumvent the rules and auction off his blade. Stumbling on a 14 month old thread was not an accident.

Last edited:

For what it's worth, the guy just joined the forum, I think this was his 6th post. Maybe cut him a little slack before running the rule over him. I doubt he's had time to become accustomed to how we prefer to do things.

I'd have liked to see Omega get it too, (he's got one of my old Konos from years ago), but his own response was very balanced and measured. I'm sure karma will reward him eventually.

For what it's worth, the guy just joined the forum, I think this was his 6th post. Maybe cut him a little slack before running the rule over him. I doubt he's had time to become accustomed to how we prefer to do things.

I'd have liked to see Omega get it too, (he's got one of my old Konos from years ago), but his own response was very balanced and measured. I'm sure karma will reward him eventually.

Who said anything about rules? Wrong is wrong. He is wrong.

Who said anything about rules? Wrong is wrong. He is wrong.

'Running the rule' is an expression, but maybe it's just a British thing. Anyway, I just meant maybe we shouldn't judge a new member off one action that he may or not have been aware was inappropriate.

I happen to agree with you and most everybody else on the principle of the matter and think this should have been done via PM or a WTS once he'd reached the appropriate post count. I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

'Running the rule' is an expression, but maybe it's just a British thing.

I'm British and I've never heard that term, but then I haven't lived there since '91. Lots of phrases are now commonplace which are relatively recent additions to the lexicon, like I'm 'totally gutted' Omega didn't get the knife. Or Dmac posts a Unicorn for sale and it all 'kicks off'.

I'm British and I've never heard that term, but then I haven't lived there since '91. Lots of phrases are now commonplace which are relatively recent additions to the lexicon, like I'm 'totally gutted' Omega didn't get the knife. Or Dmac posts a Unicorn for sale and it all 'kicks off'.

Well, I'm not British, just lived there for a while and thought I picked it up there. Haha, Google tells me I didn't invent it, but aside from that I have no clue where it came from. I mispronounced the word reticent until I was almost 16 without anyone correcting me (that day was a rude awakening) so anything is possible.

Yeah, I'm not looking to create a fuss. Maybe the fact the guy hasn't tried to defend/explain himself is proof enough. Happy to let it lie.

Also, anybody taking bets on whether this knife will show up on the "Show your newest knife thread?"

Last edited:
Back