• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kurosaki Raijin 240 sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got it a few weeks ago. Touched up on a 7k and Nakayama. I wanted to try a Kurosaki as well as the cobalt special steel; there’s nothing at all objectionable about this knife, just nothing that makes it stand out from all my others. Slightly oversized 240, 38mm tall and 247mm long, a very versatile and useful size. Notably concave hollow grind. Tip is stellar for things like onions and fennel!

$275 shipped

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bump, I’ve used it a few more times and so necessarily have begun the process of flattening/convexing the bevels, here is the current state of the knife.

image.jpg
image.jpg

tip looks weird in those pics so here’s a closeup showing that it’s intact
image.jpg

I didn't really make any changes, just maintaining the geometry rather than letting the edge bevels get fat. I doubt there will be much of a difference in the feel until the wide bevels get a lot closer to flat or convex -- they're still significantly hollow ground.

image.jpg

the flat areas close to the edge and close to the shinogi where the original wheel grind marks have been polished away reveal the change from the original grinding; the bottom bit measures slightly over 1.2mm and the top bit slightly under, not very much compared to the width and depth of the concavity from the shinogi to the edge

Back