Massdrop for KKF?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Massdrop for KKF?

• Yes

Votes: 100 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I just took vacation sorry. Will start and finish them last week february 🤪

Attachments

• IMG_20210111_162556.jpg
    IMG_20210111_162556.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 136
I just took vacation sorry. Will start and finish them last week february 🤪
looks great! Can you tell us more about whats going on with that curvature running horizontally in the center of the knife? I know this isn't the final product, just curious about the details

looks great! Can you tell us more about whats going on with that curvature running horizontally in the center of the knife? I know this isn't the final product, just curious about the details

It's an advanced Japanese shaping technique called セクシー グラインド, "Sekushī Guraindo" or "Essu Guraindo" for short. So called because it leads to sexy food release.

Sure! You're thinking about the concavity? I'm lazy so I like to spend as little time as possible at the grinder. So I grind on a wheel as that's what grinds the fastest. They get that look then when I try to grind them to cut decently. Some folks like it I guess 🤯

Sure! You're thinking about the concavity? I'm lazy so I like to spend as little time as possible at the grinder. So I grind on a wheel as that's what grinds the fastest. They get that look then when I try to grind them to cut decently. Some folks like it I guess 🤯

oh no there goes my poor "S-grind => Sexy Grind => Sekushī Guraindo the advanced Japanese forge technique" joke

Dalman basically electroplates cheap iron on a hollow plastic core. Instant edge failure, but then no one wants to mess with the S-grind, so those who buy unknowingly are confused and afraid, and just fake being amazed. From time to time, Dalman sends a couple units to some reputed members around here and other social platforms so that they can pretend buying one and be amazed too, in exchange for a cut on next sales generated.

That maple is gorgeous is that Sycamore maple (or another Scandinavian maple) or are you getting maple from the US/Canada.

That maple is gorgeous is that Sycamore maple (or another Scandinavian maple) or are you getting maple from the US/Canada.
I think that's what we have in sweden yes, Acer pseudoplatanus.It has grown about a 100m from the barn I have my shop in most likely. Was gifted a huge board that had been laying in the barn, and it must been there 40+ years. Have previous experience with american sugar maple that's alot softer. This is harder than the masur birch by a good margin. I have that board that will probably make ~150 handles, and then I don’t know if I can find more.

I think that's what we have in sweden yes, Acer pseudoplatanus.It has grown about a 100m from the barn I have my shop in most likely. Was gifted a huge board that had been laying in the barn, and it must been there 40+ years. Have previous experience with american sugar maple that's alot softer. This is harder than the masur birch by a good margin. I have that board that will probably make ~150 handles, and then I don’t know if I can find more.

Man, I don't know which one I want more now. Either way I will be very happy :)

Looked it up now, we have three common maple, the sycamore or regular platanus is my guess, but dont know for sure which this is. But the curls are good :)

Back