Massdrop III: Kamon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really excited for this, but I honestly still don't quite understand how the process works. Are we all just waiting for massdrop to issue this, or is there a lottery, or what?

How much will the 225 be and how can I get one?

Will Happy Time be just as Happy?
1629261448663.jpeg

I'll ask again - how do we enter the lottery? I want in if possible.

I'm really excited for this, but I honestly still don't quite understand how the process works. Are we all just waiting for massdrop to issue this, or is there a lottery, or what?

How much will the 225 be and how can I get one?

Relax guys. At some point Rocky and team will post more details about the knife, the number available, and the whole process.

Nakirifufu will then post an impossible-to-miss very brightly colored large-font post with instructions. You’ll PM him and he’ll post the list. Then he’ll do a random number generator and pick “winners” off the list who’ll be the actual purchasers. Everybody not selected goes on the waitlist.

Newbies like myself will initially be bitterly disappointed at not making the cut, then you’ll realize you can actually go buy several other quite decent knives with the money you would’ve otherwise spent. Win-win either way.

Just keep an eye on this thread, there’ll be plenty of time to get on the list and everything will be published and above-board.

I don’t want to be a downer, but I’m disappointed in a few aspects. Stainless cladding is much appreciated and I have no need for screw holes in my bolster. A nice looking hot glued handle is preferred. Handles get replaced when they they look bad or cheap. Put a good handle on it and use traditional construction.

I don’t want to be a downer, but I’m disappointed in a few aspects. Stainless cladding is much appreciated and I have no need for screw holes in my bolster. A nice looking hot glued handle is preferred. Handles get replaced when they they look bad or cheap. Put a good handle on it and use traditional construction.
Fortunately, no one is forcing you to participate.

Correct, I do not need to participate. This is a custom design that is not finalized. Options with custom work are appreciated. Past drops included options. I’m particularly concerned about the proposed handle as it looks unsanitary and not suitable for commercial use.

Seriously?! C'mon man...

Plus, if you saw a Kamon handle up close, you'd be singing a different tune. He makes and machines the bolsters flawlessly--the level of f/f is akin to jewelry.
Stainless-clad, schmainless-clad--this isn't a custom for one person, it's a drop.

This is a chance for a wider audience to try the knives of a sought-after (and excellent!) maker, and for Kamon to chime in a bit about his production process.

Hats off to @KAMON Knives and much respect to the three-massketeers.

Last edited:
Correct, I do not need to participate. This is a custom design that is not finalized. Options with custom work are appreciated. Past drops included options. I’m particularly concerned about the proposed handle as it looks unsanitary and not suitable for commercial use.
There's a solution--put up a WTB for a production Kamon. He used pom handles without screws. They are also accessibly priced.

Past drops included what options? A wooden box with golden pubes of a Swedish forge god?

If you do not need to participate why so concerned? Focus your energy on something you would like to participate as there's already enough people here interested in having an unsanitary handle.

Back