mazaki knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if you guys already know this, next batch of Mazakis Damascus is due this September.
When I asked for a 240mm gyuto, I have been given these prices:
Blue#2 2450AUD ish
Blue#1 3200AUD ish

Yeah!

These information come from the retailer. I just want to spread the word here cause I know there are many Mazaki fans among you guys.
Would love to hear your opinions.

I don't want to repost - I'll leave that to him to distribute as he sees fit. Prolly find it on his website or joining his mailing list.

I don't know if you guys already know this, next batch of Mazakis Damascus is due this September.
Blue#2 2450AUD ish
Blue#1 3200AUD ish

Yeah!

These information come from the retailer. I just want to spread the word here cause I know there are many Mazaki fans among you guys.
Are those ex GST prices?

Blue#2 2450AUD ish
Blue#1 3200AUD ish

Yeah!

This can’t be right. 1400/1900???? Are you sure?? For a damascus clad Maz??

Can you name the Japanese dealer so we can avoid buying from them?
It’s a wholesaler. From what I figured out on ig.

What sucked was that the mazaki on kns aus were cheap for a few days because of the exchange rate. I was about to buy one and then this thing happened and kns raised the prices to match us pricing on his website.

Can you name the Japanese dealer so we can avoid buying from them?
Logic would dictate that we have no idea who this guy is as he’s a wholesaler, so if there’s dammy out there, they’re from him. But forget about that- let’s talk about how you could get an ittetsu honyaki for less than a 210 Maz with swirlies on the face. Just sayin...

It’s a wholesaler. From what I figured out on ig.

What sucked was that the mazaki on kns aus were cheap for a few days because of the exchange rate. I was about to buy one and then this thing happened and kns raised the prices to match us pricing on his website.

How much USD were they before he adjusted the price?

Nobody’s shooting the messenger. Everyone is shooting the price of a swirly clad for x5 the price.

*I'm the last guy to understand the economics and politics of that game, nor do I really care. But I’m still a customer and end user. So I don’t mean to sound flat with my comments. I’ll just stick with my w2, which do a fine job for me.

Last edited:
Back