Midwest Knife Get Together Fest Hoedown and Wine Drinking Party

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definate cell phone typo, though I got home way later than I told the wife I would...

On the drive up there I was telling the guys how much I missed my Ealy gyuto that I sold. Low and behold, it was there. I traded Chuckles back for it.

Not just my Marios. I am down to two for now.

What I really need is more of Mario's Tequilla, that stuff was amazing!

I missed out on the tequila but my wife nabbed some -- there was a vacant box when I finished cleaning up this morning though. I think the consensus was that I needed to adopt Mario, and let him hang out in a comfy chair in my living room as the resident "Uncle Mario" -- just spreading his happy, relaxed vibe.

I also found three of Pete's root beers, which was nice. And I just got done mounting the feet on the Boardsmith Salty graciously gifted. It is too beautiful of a board, so now it has a permanent space on the counter. You can see the board in the photo up thread next to the barbie dolls that somehow ended up on the fry pan one morning.

And this morning when I got my little boy out of bed and came downstairs he said, "They're gone!?" I think he is missing all of the dogs running around the most though.

k.

Regret I didn't take any video or use a couple knives I've been curious about. I also would have liked to check out a couple of Sergei's cool stones.

Regret I didn't take any video or use a couple knives I've been curious about. I also would have liked to check out a couple of Sergei's cool stones.

Yeah, I had some regrets too. I didn't have as much cutting time as I should have, and when I did, I created what I will call forever call my "Burke Knuckle". With that said, I did just demolish the last of the veggies (an acorn squash, some squishy skinned tomatoes, and the remaining onions). And then I cut some fruit for the kids too (pineapple and apples).

I got a groovy patina going on the Burke. That pineapple/onion combo gave it some nice blue. But I am in love with that Bloodroot I think. I'll give it a little more time with some veggies and cured meat tonight, and then ponder it over a bottle of wine. Let me guess how this ends: I lose another knuckle or I buy another knife.?

And I think Justin was on Sergei's stones for 2+ hours. He was a machine. Sergei has some truly beautiful stones, especially that big J-nat from Maxim. Sergei is a crazy nice guy.

k.

On the drive up there I was telling the guys how much I missed my Ealy gyuto that I sold. Low and behold, it was there. I traded Chuckles back for it.

Totally appreciate this. Del makes some pretty amazing knives that really fill this "niche" in performance.

That must have been Saturday before 7:00.
Some more doggies, top to bottom, Matilda, Winston, Bullit.

WOW, lots of exotic stuff there! Seems like everyone had a great time, thanks very much for having the Sakura on board :)

Some more photos. Had to do something on my flight to Portland. ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1424896662.271419.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1424896684.019390.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1424896703.173817.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1424896724.580462.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1424896745.513647.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1424896771.070429.jpg

Mwahahaahaa! Nice pic of Danny!

Yeah, I was waiting on that one to come out....in my defense, i was SECOND! But mostly I was completely unavailable for consciousness....and glad that no sharpie was involved. Or Sharpy....

Nice work Karring.

Yeah. I have another picture that is similar of Pete. A bunch of us said we were going to make that shot our avatar. But it was pretty hilarious having two guys 'sleeping' while a handful of people brandishing knives were a few feet away.

k.

WOW it looks like you guys had a great time. Karring really threw down on this - kudos!

Latest posts

Back