Monthly knife theme

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, we just had rectangle March. Besides, it is Movember, so let's grow moustaches, all! Monosteel Moustache Movember, it is!
Cleavers rule ARM. That being said of course some nakiris get used, but many won’t use them. I didn’t use a nakiri once. Also, nakiri November can just be more of an appreciation of the nakiri. People can just bust them out and use them sone and post some pics. I’d bust out my 210 ironclad Toyama nakiri. You wouldn’t have to use them all time. I mean who wants to use a nakiri all the time 🤪😅😂🤣.
One Steel September - try to discern differences in the heat treat and sharpening characteristics of the same steels from different makers?
This is pretty interesting idea. It might be a little tricky for me, since the steels I have are kind of diverse right now. But I’d probably try it. I’m sure there would be sone others with a ton of overlap that could do some in-depth analysis.

Santoku September, also known as Lady’s Month 😂🤣🤪🤪😅… BTW don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Jokes aside I did commission a 200 x 57mm Gyutoku (I didn’t came with this name, the maker did), which I like vastly more than most 210 gyuto.

Here’s comparison with a 180mm
IMG_1100.jpeg

Almost makes me want a santoku back in the collection
I love 270mm gyuto and full size cleavers, but santokus are still very fun. Their reputation is kind tainted by all the walmart brand celebrity name cheap craps, but a good santoku is a perfect tool for home cooks, especially if you live with a small kitchen, they are nimble, cheap and very happy to do what ever kitchen tasks you throw at them. Masutani makes a mean little santoku without costing an arm and a leg, you can use it for a small meal, or lend to your visiting family who wants to cook but intimidate by the huge carbon swords on the wall, it even can be a main knife on a camping trip or travel in AirBnB. If you don't like carbon there's still plenty of carbon options for cheap like Zakuri, Ikenami or really just most stuff on knifeJapan. I really like Michael's defense of Santokus.
https://knifejapan.com/in-support-of-the-santoku/

I love 270mm gyuto and full size cleavers, but santokus are still very fun. Their reputation is kind tainted by all the walmart brand celebrity name cheap craps, but a good santoku is a perfect tool for home cooks, especially if you live with a small kitchen, they are nimble, cheap and very happy to do what ever kitchen tasks you throw at them. Masutani makes a mean little santoku without costing an arm and a leg, you can use it for a small meal, or lend to your visiting family who wants to cook but intimidate by the huge carbon swords on the wall, it even can be a main knife on a camping trip or travel in AirBnB. If you don't like carbon there's still plenty of carbon options for cheap like Zakuri, Ikenami or really just most stuff on knifeJapan. I really like Michael's defense of Santokus.
https://knifejapan.com/in-support-of-the-santoku/

I can't wait for my new santoku to be unveiled. It's almost ready...

:)

@SolidSnake03 Style Sales September. :)

I'm only half joking. Might be kind of cool to have folks putting up some screaming deals and giving forum members shots at things they might not otherwise be able to. Or just snatch up something they want. People could look forward to seeing what gets listed, what deals will be had. I don't know, maybe it would be restricted to supporting members or something.

Anyways...

Latest posts

Back