Need opinions on Honeymoon trip

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i am getting married on April 18th, and its coming up soon.

I think we have decided on NYC, however we are not 100% sure.

if anyone can recommend hotels for NYC and things to do etc would be great. We want to have a great time but we can also only afford so much.

I am open to other suggestions as well, must be within the US and somewhat affordable.

Were leaving out of Tampa fl.

Thanks!!

Was gonna say Hawaii, but you have your own beaches and you mentioned 'affordable'....

Stefan

It mostly depends on what you guys want to do. NYC is a great city and if you go you have to catch a play. Hotels aren't cheap but if you do some homework you will be able to find some deals. Keep in mind that it can still be pretty chilly here in April, especially coming from FL. What about going to AZ? Sedona is really nice and you could run up to the Grand Canyon for a daytrip.

What about going to Costa Rica?

Disney!!!!
Just kidding, that would be disturbing.
New Orleans or Charleston, SC would be great.

You may want to consider Vacation Rental by Owner (VRBO) for a place to stay. Hotels can be expensive in NYC. I'd also check the Bed Bug registry for whatever place you stay in NYC.

With that said, I like the suggestions of Charleston and Carmel/Monterey.

k.

fantastic news!! congratulations first and foremost!!

Thailand a possibility?

What about Boston, great place to visit, food is great lots of parks , lots to do and see

I'm going to second the fact NYC is way expensive. A $300 a night hotel is a flea bag $50.00 flop house in most of the country. Lots of museums that don't cost too much to get in. If you are a walker, Central Park is a must. And then there is Korin but that will cost you! :) All depends on what you are looking to do.

whatever you do make sure you do not stay at the hotel carter in manhattan....had a body under the bed for like ten years !

im form longisland, a very short drive from the city, have you ever considered staying on the island it is way cheaper.. shoot me a pm if you need some hotels there

Ever thought about Puerto Rico? Might satisfy the inside the U.S. technically as I don't believe you need a passport to go. Culebra, vieques, parts of San juan, you could put together quite a cool trip.

2nd for Costa Rica. Tons of stuff to do, great food, crappy beer

fantastic news!! congratulations first and foremost!!

Thailand a possibility?

I second this. I'm getting married august first and we're gonna postpone our honeymoon until December. We're going to spend 3 weeks traveling all over Thailand.

Back