NFL: Post-Draft Super Bowl Predictions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DitmasPork

Reaction score
I need to rewatch the superbowl, still blows my mind San Fran let it slip through their fingers. Putting the overtime decisions aside San Fran shouldn’t have let it get that close, maybe a new DC will make a difference.
With a Brock long term contract looming the window is closing for this roster. He’s going to cost minimum $40-45 mil per year so some pretty valuable assets are going to have to walk to make that happen.
Philly will compete but I think they fumbled a little with free agency and cap management.
I really see the NFC north as the most stacked division now. Chicago got the guy and all the receiving weapons a QB could ask for. Love and the Packers only getting better. Detroit is right there, very close to getting into the superbowl last year. O’Connell and the Vikings won like 9 games without a QB and with the best receiver in the NFL injured. Someone from the NFC north is going to the superbowl IMO.
Dallas is gonna Dallas I’m sure. Don’t be surprised if Belicheck becomes the new HC in 2025.
Falcons are drafting a fantasy football team not an NFL football team so they secured a solid 7-10 record for years to come that will have fun highlights nothing more.
Baltimore remains dominant because of their defense. They can hold leads but can’t seem to come back in games from behind, Lamar’s game is quickly exposed once he is forced into passing situations.
Chiefs are intriguing. Losing Sneed is huge. Rasheed Rice was great on the field but off the field behavior will cost them early in the season. Not sure when Kelce is gonna fall off but if he follows his brothers lead he will retire before the decline not after.
I love Burrow so much but Bengals don’t seem interested in building a well rounded team. And their offense isn’t complicated they just have elite players running basic plays.maybe that changes with a new OC.
I’m thinking Buffalo finally goes to the superbowl. Maybe Diggs was locker room poison/distraction. Buffalo finished the season winning games while barely using him. Joe Brady took over the Offense Coordinator job midseason and with an offseason to prepare I could see them really unlocking some things. Joe Brady was Burrows OC at LSU and made him impossible to defend against. Before that he was on the Saints offensive staff during Drew Brees dominate seasons.

Detroit vs Buffalo in the Superbowl is my prediction.

Gamecock and Panthers fan so I really like the draft pick. Plus he has the most glorious rural Carolina accent. Even my wife who is from rural SC had to double take when she heard me listening to his post draft press conference
Great taste! I went to SC, loved hearing his press interviews as well.

I was just gonna chime in on this thread and you beat e to it @Heckel7302!

I am really pleased with the Eagles draft. For both Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper DeJean to fall to a spot where the Birds to grab them was a wild good fortune. The guard they got in the 5th out of Michigan looks like an undervalued pick and like a true homer, I was thrilled to see them pick up Trotter Jr. Used to love to watch his Pops play

As for the Superbowl, well hell, the Eagles will be better than last year. More seasoned coaching and some young blood in the secondary will ensure that, but the rest of the horses in the NFC will also be better. We are gonna have to settle that one on the field!

Eh

Niners media/Twitter would make you believe we drafted nothing but future HoF’s. We’ll see how they pan out.

All I know is Brock is going to follow up his MVP-type season with an even better one the way the Niners view him and how they drafted. Plus he gets his first full camp as a starter.

Ricky Pearsall is legit. There was so much value in the second round of the draft this year.
Saints grabbed Kool-Aid McKinstry in the second.
Even if our roster is totally mid we will atleast have the best secondary in the NFL.

I do love the position the Jets have put themselves in.
With Aaron Rodgers, they've boxed themselves into a "Super Bowl or Bust" situation.
Rodgers annoys me in every way possible, but he's a huge upgrade from Zach Wilson. Sam Darnold would be a huge upgrade from Zach Wilson.
It's not unreasonable to think the Jets--even if a 40-year-old Rodgers isn't healthy (or is running for Vice President) and Tyrod Taylor gets most of the snaps- will end their playoff drought.

But that won't be enough. The Rodgers trade means they have to Win The Super Bowl.
Which likely requires beating Miami/Houston/Cleveland/Jacksonville in the first round and then Cincinnati/Buffalo in the divisional round and then the Chiefs/Ravens in the AFC Title game.
All for the honor of taking on the Lions or the 49ers or the Eagles or whomever in the Super Bowl.
Considering that Rodgers only ran this playoff gauntlet successfully once, when he was 27, it seems that a team that's poised to have its best season in years is also doomed to failure in the Court of Expectations.

I need to rewatch the superbowl, still blows my mind San Fran let it slip through their fingers. Putting the overtime decisions aside San Fran shouldn’t have let it get that close, maybe a new DC will make a difference.
With a Brock long term contract looming the window is closing for this roster. He’s going to cost minimum $40-45 mil per year so some pretty valuable assets are going to have to walk to make that happen.
Philly will compete but I think they fumbled a little with free agency and cap management.
I really see the NFC north as the most stacked division now. Chicago got the guy and all the receiving weapons a QB could ask for. Love and the Packers only getting better. Detroit is right there, very close to getting into the superbowl last year. O’Connell and the Vikings won like 9 games without a QB and with the best receiver in the NFL injured. Someone from the NFC north is going to the superbowl IMO.
Dallas is gonna Dallas I’m sure. Don’t be surprised if Belicheck becomes the new HC in 2025.
Falcons are drafting a fantasy football team not an NFL football team so they secured a solid 7-10 record for years to come that will have fun highlights nothing more.
Baltimore remains dominant because of their defense. They can hold leads but can’t seem to come back in games from behind, Lamar’s game is quickly exposed once he is forced into passing situations.
Chiefs are intriguing. Losing Sneed is huge. Rasheed Rice was great on the field but off the field behavior will cost them early in the season. Not sure when Kelce is gonna fall off but if he follows his brothers lead he will retire before the decline not after.
I love Burrow so much but Bengals don’t seem interested in building a well rounded team. And their offense isn’t complicated they just have elite players running basic plays.maybe that changes with a new OC.
I’m thinking Buffalo finally goes to the superbowl. Maybe Diggs was locker room poison/distraction. Buffalo finished the season winning games while barely using him. Joe Brady took over the Offense Coordinator job midseason and with an offseason to prepare I could see them really unlocking some things. Joe Brady was Burrows OC at LSU and made him impossible to defend against. Before that he was on the Saints offensive staff during Drew Brees dominate seasons.

Detroit vs Buffalo in the Superbowl is my prediction.

Although gutted that the 49ers lost the SB. All in all I'm a happy camper for the following reasons:

• It was a darn close SB. Yeah, wish we won, but delighted that it came down to the last possession in OT. The Super Bowl was very edge-of-the-seat for me, far more memorable than blowout wins. Content that the games against Packers, Lions, and SB were all decided by 3 points.

• SF had a good draft considering their position, and not desperately in need of a particular position—looks like Aiyuk and Deebo are staying, kept the players we wanted to plus some improvements.

• Draft in general had quality QBs/WRs galore—will keenly be watching Chicago, and how quickly Caleb settles.

My Super Bowl prediction: 49ers vs Bengals (Burrows stays healthy) — a repeat of Super Bowl XXIII in '89.
NFC Championship: 49ers vs Packers
AFC Championship: Bengals vs Texans

Yeah, in the post-season, the thrill of victory after a close match is much more satisfying than a blowout. Man, still feeling the joy from the Lions game. The unpredictably of sports is a big part of what makes it exciting.
Although, during the regular season, loved destroying the Eagles and Cowboys.

My glass half full view of life/sports.

I think the AFC south will produce a dark horse team this year that will go deep into the playoffs, just not sure which team.
Trevor has to be feeling the pressure, the Colts and Shane Steichen over performed last season, with Anthony Jefferson back and a good draft they will be a force. Levis and the Titans now have Bengals OC as their new HC along with Calvin Ridley and drafting one of the best O lineman.

As much as I love Deebo Samuel he hasn’t lived up to his contract the last 2 seasons. Teams recognize this and that’s why no trade deal came into fruition. Steelers were interested but teams were far apart in terms of compensation.
Shanahan likely recognized the likelihood of more injuries from Deebo this coming season and went for depth at the position.

aliens teleporting the entire stadium into the nearest star

A-L-I-E-N-S

Yeah, in the post-season, the thrill of victory after a close match is much more satisfying than a blowout. Man, still feeling the joy from the Lions game. The unpredictably of sports is a big part of what makes it exciting.
Although, during the regular season, loved destroying the Eagles and Cowboys.

My glass half full view of life/sports.
Agree thats a “you” perspective. Don’t know many die hard Niner fans celebrating participation trophies.

I was at the Niners/Lions game--I was hyped after that comeback winuntil the SB. I was then depressed for a corresponding amount of time after the SB loss lol... I hope the Niners finally "kick the door down" and win the SB this season before Brock is extended and the window starts to close on the current, completely stacked roster given the salary cap considerations.

Agree thats a “you” perspective. Don’t know many die hard Niner fans celebrating participation trophies.
I'm a diehard fan, but keep things in perspective, count me blessings—we won the NFC West, got to the SB, able to keep the team together, have a great fanbase (Eagles and Cowboy fans seem to turn on they're team at a drop of a dime.). I'm aware how difficult it is to get to the SB twice in a row, and if we're beaten in the next payoffs by the Cowboys/Packers/Lions, I'll certainly tip my hat to them in good sportsmanship.

The Niners fans I know have moved on from the loss, humbled, optimistic for the coming season.

I've lived in NYC forever, since leaving SF, and often in the company of Jets fans, heck they haven't been to the playoffs in 13 seasons! Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in 23 seasons—good number of Dolphin fans in Hawaii because of Tua.

The Eagles started the season 10-1 then collapsing and finishing at 11-6. Getting spanked by the not so great Bucs in the playoffs by a score of 32-9 lmao didn’t help.

Dallas just ran up the score a few times on awful teams like the commanders Giants and some other bottom feeders and people thought they were for real.

I'm a diehard fan, but keep things in perspective, count me blessings—we won the NFC West, got to the SB, able to keep the team together, have a great fanbase (Eagles and Cowboy fans seem to turn on they're team at a drop of a dime.). I'm aware how difficult it is to get to the SB twice in a row, and if we're beaten in the next payoffs by the Cowboys/Packers/Lions, I'll certainly tip my hat to them in good sportsmanship.

The Niners fans I know have moved on from the loss, humbled, optimistic for the coming season.

I've lived in NYC forever, since leaving SF, and often in the company of Jets fans, heck they haven't been to the playoffs in 13 seasons! Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in 23 seasons—good number of Dolphin fans in Hawaii because of Tua.
Respect

Back