• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Red Flags on BST

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason I even entered into the same comments as him on ashys for sale thread is because he was harassing a new member for asking questions
I fail to see how he was harassing the guy.
New guy asked a question, a strange one at that since Ashy provided all info, his measurements and original retailer's link. Jedy asked what else he would like to know out of curiousity. Newer guy asked more specifically
Mostly just curious what type of run this was and how these came to be designed. I can't find any other collaboration between y tanaka and Shimizu or working with the yoshihiro line, so I'm wondering if this was a limited run specifically for this retailer.
How should someone know this unless they know and asked the shop which answered? So I find this a strange question but nothing bad about it.
Jedy then explained why he found it odd.
In the future, it's best to DM or make a separate thread instead of clogging up a sales post like I am also contributing to.
I think this annoyed you then. May be a little belittling, if you want to read it like that but not completely untrue. I have seen way worse BST posts than the two and think BST should pretty much only be about the item being sold and often gets too clogged up
come get your boy he’s not doing you any favors moving this knife haha
A bit unnecessary comment since it is demeaning
Seller seems uncertain. “I think it’s the exact sample.”
How is seller uncertain? He posted all measurements and linked original retailer link. The "I think" it's the exact sample is connected to the retailer link. Since the lamination line is the same as in the one pictured he asssumes it's that knife. Since you can't be 100% sure although all lead to that he wrote I think.
Then calling it "issues" and going against Jedy again.

In my opinion this whole chain of posts doesn't belong in a WTS Thread and mods should act upon that. Just kick the discussion to a different thread.

The “OMG can’t believe this is still here” comments are pretty humorous. It’s still there because either the price isn’t enough of a bargain yet or no one wants the knife you thought you could test for a day and drop in BST. Especially if thread has been bumped 6-8 times already.
I do sometimes ask myself why some knives don't sell and sit at good prices but won't type that. I think WTS is in a problematic state and has been for a while. Some days WTS is moving at least 1 page in a day, so if you don't bump at the right time and the right person sees it it won't sell. On the other side if you bump too often potential buyers see that as a negative and won't buy it themselves even if price and knife was good.

First of all I don’t remember anyone asking you a Godd*mn thing
Did not expect the level of Pychopathic Narcissism
Why are you so aggressive and condescending? I remember you as a good guy

because he was harassing a new member for asking questions and I felt the need to stand up for a new guy that was simply making a reasonable inquiry.
I would like that if people were standing up for a positive space but seeing too much self righteous behaviour. Quite some mobbing, bullying and acting like moral high ground.

In all honesty, ending with :
In the future, it's best to DM or make a separate thread instead of clogging up a sales post like I am also contributing to.

was my way of trying to say I don't want to talk about this anymore here and we can talk about it elsewhere, because I have gotten muted before for engaging too much in off topic chats in b/s/t threads. I literally wanted to let the guy know I would be happy to discuss it to his hearts content, we just needed to take it elsewhere so I wouldn't be muted.

@JayS20 much of the offending posts in this thread have already been edited. You can go back and have a look for yourself. I left all my responses as they were because I don’t have anything to hide. I mean I might’ve fixed a grammatical error but I let my statements remain.
If you’re trying to piece any of this stuff together today then it will be out of context.
I made my peace and I’m happy to move on.

I really don't understand why people get butt hurt about all this stuff. Who cares if people bump a WTS thread with some inane comment. Or complain about 'flippers' or the cost of a knife. Or complain about people complaining.

Live and let live people. People are going to say what they want to say.

Brand new in box. Best cutter I've ever handled.
Only a few test cuts

1715283989867.jpeg

Ahem the only "offending post" which was deleted by the way had nothing to do what you originally had a problem with. They were direct arguments with you, which I felt like did not belong in Ashy's thread. The OG comments which were directed at the guy asking questions which you found so offensive are still very much alive!

What are we wasting our time with here anyway. Let's do something fun. I'm gonna go give away a jnat.

Circle jerking is sooo 2010. The big kids have embraced the higher conic sextions, like using their ellips and of course the parabollox. Then there’s the endless pleasures of frigonometry.

Masturmaticians move among us.
Bro I know you love English and all, but I feel I need a dictionary to read some of your comments lol…

OK, I agree, but I also think that all of the "I wish I could buy this..." or "If only it was longer, shorter, taller, etc." comments are unnecessary, I have made these myself though. Any comment in a BST thread that is not specifically asking about the item being sold is unnecessary to me, including the history about the maker or the line or the weather when the knife was made. I wish people just stuck to asking relevant questions about the item itself.
Honestly, if this is what BST should look like, KKF itself or someone should just start a cosignment business. Everyone sends the knife in to be inspected and sold for a fee in a more professional manner. No one is allowed to say anything on CKC’s sales page. Do we also think IG drops have a circle jerk issue?

Honestly, if this is what BST should look like, KKF itself or someone should just start a cosignment business. Everyone sends the knife in to be inspected and sold for a fee in a more professional manner. No one is allowed to say anything on CKC’s sales page. Do we also think IG drops have a circle jerk issue?
BST is about selling and buying. Any other comments unrelated to the selling or buying are unnecessary. In this particular case the prospective buyer is new, so no issues with him asking odd questions. Odd because the history of the line coming together should be asked in a DM or in a different thread since it is not relevant to the purchase and the seller is unlikely to know. Not a big deal, but also not a big deal to tell him that there is a better place for it. Comments like "I wish I could buy this..." and the like are totally unnecessary.

What you suggest would be cool and useful, but would never work, people won't pay for it and would be unlikely to trust a third party.

BST is about selling and buying. Any other comments unrelated to the selling or buying are unnecessary. In this particular case the prospective buyer is new, so no issues with him asking odd questions. Odd because the history of the line coming together should be asked in a DM or in a different thread since it is not relevant to the purchase and the seller is unlikely to know. Not a big deal, but also not a big deal to tell him that there is a better place for it. Comments like "I wish I could buy this..." and the like are totally unnecessary.

What you suggest would be cool and useful, but would never work, people won't pay for it and would be unlikely to trust a third party.
This model is quite common in Hifi where things are generally a lot more expensive and fragile.

By the way, I quoted your comment, but I didn’t mean to address my comment specifically to you. I should have noted that.

This model is quite common in Hifi where things are generally a lot more expensive and fragile.

By the way, I quoted your comment, but I didn’t mean to address my comment specifically to you. I should have noted that.
No problem at all, good idea, won’t work here though. I have also seen it in other places though.

Back