Rodrigue McLean Lamson Production knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you kidding stefan? if not then I am into that over any and all! after hello kitty i have no doubt in the true handle master!

Oh man.

Just to be clear, this will be many of the exact same knife. Handle included. So, unfortunately for some, you will get a handle material that wouldn't have been your first choice, possibly. However, we'll be going with what we feel works well with the feel of the whole piece in mind.

As for the bolster material, this is one area that Pierre and I have discussed at length. :)

I'm in for one.

I'd prefer an all cocobolo handle. If we are talking about a simple design, I don't see the need for a ferrule--which would probably reduce the cost and/or production time (and agree that a contrasting ferrule and three pins doesn't have the most pleasing look). If you decide to go with something more stable, I'm okay with that.

If I really like the knife, it will likely be getting a new handle.

Is there going to be a Wa version, or only a western style handle option?

I'm in for one, preferably with cocobolo wood for handle.

Thanks.

I don't mind the bolsterless idea at all for a throwback design. It could look really clean, if done right. I was against it at the start, but after refurbishing more and more vintage pieces, I've grown to really like the simplicity of them. Butch often goes bolsterless with beautiful results, so we know it works in a modern knife. I'm all for it.

I am in for one, would prefer wood, but would not mind other material

bolsterless would look nice but it might start to migrate toward HHH lamson territory asthetically? food for thought.

Not meant to stir the pot or anything malicious

Does this design tend towards a work horse style blade or more to a laser like blade?

Sounds good :)
ThEoRy was a tester, one of the staff in his kitchen decided to trim some rubber of his shoe, when the knife was left out of hand momentarily. I believe Rick sorted him out! ;)

It is designed to be A workhorse. No bells and whistles. But it will look good anyways!

In for one on any handle!
or could we opt for no handle with a discount price?

ThEoRy was a tester, one of the staff in his kitchen decided to trim some rubber of his shoe, when the knife was left out of hand momentarily. I believe Rick sorted him out! ;)

It is designed to be A workhorse. No bells and whistles. But it will look good anyways!

The guy was a bartender and really just didn't know any better. After I let him have it, later on I found out he was a pro bodybuilder. Dude was like a solid brick house. Oops lol.

I'm in for a a knife with a handle. Is there a rough eta on these? Couple months? Another year?

I'm in for one. I would prefer bosterless wooden handle, but its not a dealbreaker.

Count me in.

Preference for a cocobolo handle, no bolster, 3 nickel silver pins. Similar to my Harner.

Also count me in for another one if you ever make a run in AEB-L.

I'm in for one. I'd prefer the cocobolo but will take what gets made regardless. :)

I'm in for one, wood preference, nickel pins preferred over brass

In for one with "wood" handle. :) Bolsterless if I can choose.

Looks great!

Back