Sharpening Service near Idaho

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparhawk

Reaction score
I live in the USA and could ship but was wondering if there's a preferred place to send my knives for sharpening. I plan to pickup stones eventually but wanted your opinions on where to send them for now.

Portland Knife House.

Bernal Cutlery.

Strata is in Portland Maine not Oregon.
My mistake regarding this.

Carter's looks pretty cool considering it's only a 2 hour drive from me.

Do you think there's anyone in particular that does a better job than others regarding their services?

My mistake regarding this.

Carter's looks pretty cool considering it's only a 2 hour drive from me.

Do you think there's anyone in particular that does a better job than others regarding their services?

I've never personally used any of the three but they are all highly reputable. Portland Knife House is known for having near fanatical sharpeners. Bernal Cutlery is a very well established and highly respected shop. Carter is a near legendary maker spawning numerous careers in the industry. You'd be in good hands with any of them.

I live in the USA and could ship but was wondering if there's a preferred place to send my knives for sharpening. I plan to pickup stones eventually but wanted your opinions on where to send them for now.
Are you in the Boise area? There are at least two knife shops in the area that offer sharpening, Nordic and Northwest knifes.
I can't vouch for either one of them though because I have never used their sharpening service. I know Northwest carries some Japanese style kitchen knifes I don't know about Nordic.

Are these high end knifes that you are afraid of scratching? By the time it takes you to send them out and pay someone to sharpen them you could be well on your way to doing it yourself in both time and materials, but you probably already know this.

Just want to encourage you to do it yourself because you have already expressed an interest.

Back