Shig alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it's open to be interpreted that way. If thats the case then I wonder what level of 'more' opens up the order book?
Open to be interpreted that way? I mean if you wanna softball it. No judgment here, he can do what he wants.. but that's pretty explicit as far as that stuff goes.

I wonder how many Toyama just flew off the shelves in the last few hours by people trying to get on the VIP list?

Nothing wrong with that! Quite logical that you give something extra to regular guests/buyers, just like Greg mentioned.

And vintage Rolex watches could be picked up for peanuts 10-20 years ago. Markets change. Its up to the buyer to do their homework.

Air cooled Porsche anyone? What about first gen Acura NSX? Or how about E30 M3. For those who are not car enthusiasts, all these cost significantly more than they did when new. They did not become better cars with age, they are also not better than modern cars regardless of what the purests say about soul this soul that.

We don't need to protect adults from themselves.

Air cooled Porsche anyone , they are also not better than modern cars regardless of what the purests say about soul this soul that.
'Better' is subjective. Some people just hanker for that old school air cooled Porsche experience. I've driven both and own a 993 so I can tell you there is a visceral difference to a modern equivalent.

There is a difference, but better is not subjective, in any measure a car can be measured by your 993 is a better car. Having air cooled Porsche as a toy is nice for that visceral difference, but if a person who drives a lot had to pick a single car to drive for the rest of his life, and the only choices were air cooled Porsche or 993 as an example most would pick 993.

To keep on topic it is similar to these knives that are so expensive now, these knives are not better than they used to be they are also not the be all and end all of knives. There is a certain difference in using them, but you don't see people sell all their knives and just keep one shig as soon as they get one. All this doesn't matter though, as long as there are people willing to pay the high prices there will be people willing to sell.

Back