Shig. Kasumi DIY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pay no attention to me. I was following up on @M1k3’s post. But I think google translate may have lost the subtlety of my original meaning. Anyway... carry on. I look forward to your next project! They’re always really interesting to watch.

@M1k3 and I were wondering, actually, if you could do a sanmai workhorse to 2x ni mai laser (lefty and righty) DIY conversion next. Interested?

Pay no attention to me. I was following up on @M1k3’s post. But I think google translate may have lost the subtlety of my original meaning. Anyway... carry on. I look forward to your next project! They’re always really interesting to watch.

@M1k3 and I were wondering, actually, if you could do a sanmai workhorse to 2x ni mai laser (lefty and righty) DIY conversion next. Interested?

You want me to split WH gyuto down the middle? That’s genius idea, turn one Kato into two Katos, & start a Kato duplication Business... 🤔

You want me to split WH gyuto down the middle? That’s genius idea, turn one Kato into two Katos, & start a Kato duplication Business... 🤔
It wont be a Kato anymore :cool:.

Hey I just saw this but I don’t understand what the f’ing point of doing what op planned?

First that’s a shig ku Nakiri, but most of all you’re just making a fraudulent shig?

I don’t want a shigefusa for the kanji, I want it for the cutting

It needs minimum IQ of 80 to understand.
I was looking for a TLDR, not an insult.

It goes against every reason I collect knives for at first glance. I like collecting the work of master smiths and using them to appreciate the true beauty of their art.

I mean I can kinda relate because my other hobby is creating replicas of famous guitars from parts and pieces. I made a PERFECT replica of Jimmy Page’s Gibson Les Paul from a Chinese knock off. But to make the replica I need to give it genuine electronics for it to perform properly, along with the other hardware.

However with knives, especially as precious as a shigefusa and their old world craftsmanship, u can legit argue that it’s not a shigefusa anymore once you bring any sort of machine into it.

The fact that u didn’t reply with anything but an insult reveals maybe deep down you know this.

But then again you’ve probably already explained it 100 times in these 20 pages, but a nice tldr would be appreciated

I was looking for a TLDR...

However with knives, especially as precious as a shigefusa and their old world craftsmanship, u can legit argue that it’s not a shigefusa anymore once you bring any sort of machine into it.

...a nice tldr would be appreciated

There is no TLDR.

This thread must be experienced.

Also, a Shig KU nakiri isn't precious.

I don’t want a shigefusa for the kanji, I want it for the cutting
It goes against every reason I collect knives for at first glance.
Good for you. Maybe start your own thread about how authentic you are. Reminder: you don't have to participate in things you don't like.

And this thread reached this point... I feel bad for @ma_sha1
tenor.gif

I was looking for a TLDR, not an insult.

I only dished out an insult because you started out crushing for a bruising with: “what the f’ing point” & “you’re just making a fraudulent shig”

Now we are even 😂
The view similar to yours has been debated to death, I don’t want to beat the dead horse. I’d be happy to address any new questions thou.

Good for you. Maybe start your own thread about how authentic you are. Reminder: you don't have to participate in things you don't like.
You bring up a good point, I think this thread should be moved to hobbyist.... but then again I’m only like 5 pages in.

and also dude what’s with the attack? Expressing what I value in my knives and then trying to figure out what the hell the point of this is to try to actually find out... u know what never mind....

Sorry I f’ing asked.... should’ve just read the 20 pages of ppl saying the same thing.

you be you ma sha... no clue why you used a shigefusa to make a 180mm Gyuto... hope u had fun.

now if you’ll all excuse me, I have to go melt down a Ferrari to make some Ferrari doorstops.

I only dished out an insult because you started out crushing for a bruising with: “what the f’ing point” & “you’re just making a fraudulent shig”

Now we are even 😂
The view similar to yours has been debated to death, I don’t want to beat the dead horse. I’d be happy to address any new questions thou.
You’re right I came out a little hot. I’m sorry.
PM’d you an apology. And I’ll do it publicly too

Latest posts

Back