• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shigehiro 270mm suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Refined, yet toothy
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I'm selling my truly badass Shigehiro suji. I bought it from @lumo for a great price, which I'm passing on to the next buyer. lumo only did a couple test cuts with it. I sharpened it once when I got it, and I use sujis very infrequently so it hasn't needed it since. I have no complaints with it. Cuts like a dream. I'm selling it because otherwise I won't be able to afford the @RDalman mass drop and I'm not ready to let either of my two gyutos (Kipp, Shi.han) go until I test them against the forthcoming Dalman.

Specs

260mm heel to tip
37ish mm at heel
161 g
Iron clad white #2
Octogonal ho handle with marbled horn ferrule
Balance point in the middle of the character closest to the heel

Price

$350 shipped conus. Retails for $420 and is out of stock. Shigehiro Sujihiki 270mm

Pictures

tempImageS64enV.png
tempImagebaRCme.png
tempImageupsocL.png

Last edited:
Also, I should note that this is the least reactive iron clad carbon knife I’ve ever used. It’s hard to believe it’s iron cladding...

I loved everything about my Shigehiro 240mm gyuto except the odd size/shape. I keep looking at these sujis and would be all over this if I had more money rn, even with ...5 sujihikis in my kit (I’m a butcher, so it’s not as insane as it sounds).

Somebody buy this, it’s worth every penny and, assuming the grind translates from gyuto to sujihiki, you’ll love it for raw proteins and possibly crusty cooked ones too.

• Love
Reactions: ian
I got to borrow this one for a while and had a blast with it. True to form for a Shigehiro, it's refined and poised, with awesome F&F, great ergonomics, and, of course, a lovely grind and edge. I'd be all over it if I needed a suji in this length.

• Love
I’ve had two, just never clicked with me idiosyncratically, but they’re still such good knives I’m tempted to buy another every time one’s posted. Maybe I just needed a different size or shape...

I got to play with this suji at Lumo’s place a while back, it’s incredible. Forward balance and amazing F&F. I’d grab it off you but I’m already buried in future buys. Good luck:).

• Love
Back