Shotguns

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate you guys for getting me looking at shotguns again. I've fallen in lust for the Mossberg 590 A1 :drool:

As I said before, I really can't practically use any guns for a tactical weapon due to us being foster parents and the storage requirements (i.e. locked safe with bullets locked up in separate location). My current favorite for all around hunting is my Benelli Super Black Eagle II or the M2 both 12 guages with synthetic stocks, but for upland bird hunting (pheasant, grouse, chukars, quail) I absolutely love my Beretta Silver Pigeon II 20 guage.

As I said before, I really can't practically use any guns for a tactical weapon due to us being foster parents and the storage requirements (i.e. locked safe with bullets locked up in separate location). My current favorite for all around hunting is my Benelli Super Black Eagle II or the M2 both 12 guages with synthetic stocks, but for upland bird hunting (pheasant, grouse, chukars, quail) I absolutely love my Beretta Silver Pigeon II 20 guage.

great ringtail pheasant here in el centro, Ive got an old 1187 premier that I picked up used/abused. I love using that thing in the brush.

Pesky

great ringtail pheasant here in el centro, Ive got an old 1187 premier that I picked up used/abused. I love using that thing in the brush.

Pesky
you living in Elcentro , ca.
first time I got shot was in El centro.

One is currently not in my possession.

guns.jpg

That is some storage Salty, kind of unique. :)

DSCN0053.JPG

No more shotguns, but this one stays by the bedside in a GunVault. (Without the ivory grips...they're for when I'm role playing as George S. Patton.) :gunner:

I have a 870 Wingmaster 12ga that is pretty sweet and 3 barrels for it, all fixed choke. 20" Rifle Sights, 28" vent rib modified and 30" full choke, bead sight. Got the whole thing for like $375, $300 for the shotgun with 20" and got the other 2 barrels for a whopping $75 each :) I use it for bird hunting with the Modified, turkey shoots with the full, and 20" rifle sights is my HD version. TAP 12ga buckshot punches 1 fist size hole in the target at 7yds :)

I've shot the Mossbergs (590 A1 heavy beefy one with the thick barrel and mag tube) and Remington 870's and I liked the Remingtons better. I like the normal rifle stock over the pistol gripped stocks, but that's also what I am more used to as well. Remmy or Mossberg, hard to go wrong with either!

can2.jpg

Did someone say Home Defense?? No flash with this except for the light!

Sometimes I wish I didn't sell this one. It is a Pistol, so I could legally CCW it if I felt like it. And yes, I could pull it off with a jacket; I tried it once :wink:
arp1.jpg

Oh yeah? Well you guys would have to get close enough! :razz:

IMG_0005.JPG

600%2520yd%2520group.jpg

Whenever I move to Texas my first purchase will be a shotgun, either a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. Just something basic for home defense.

My next purchase will be a Sig .40.

Is that what this is? I'm not so sure...

Salty?

Looks smaller. Just saying that is on my short list... Can't buy all the toys at once unfortunately.
Always wanted a Barrett and a Carlos Hathcock Springfield m25

My next purchase will be a Sig .40.

I picked one of these (P229) a few years ago. It's a nice gun. That said, one can have anything in Texas, so...tough decision. I might have picked up a H&K P30L instead if it were available in California.

not in cali if people get their way

My father (also from the Bay Area) sold his .50 BMG once the ban went into place instead of registering it. I'm pretty sure one has never been used in the commission of a crime, and yet they pose a threat to the "health, safety, and security of all residents" of California in the eyes of our lawmakers. Gun laws in California are a joke.

I picked one of these (P229) a few years ago. It's a nice gun. That said, one can have anything in Texas, so...tough decision.

My father (also from the Bay Area) sold his .50 BMG once the ban went into place instead of registering it. I'm pretty sure one has never been used in the commission of a crime, and yet they pose a threat to the "health, safety, and security of all residents" of California in the eyes of our lawmakers. Gun laws in California are a joke.

Agree. And registration irritates me on principle. Hey here is where to get them. That doesn't feel like freedom.

You know, guys, I'm really starting to like KKF a bit more again. This thread warms my heart almost as much as my Kimber .45. :)

-M

I'll see your Kimber and raise you a Caspian :)

ReconBB3.jpg

And a CBOB and VBOB
VBOB2.jpg

And a Les Baer:
LBC2.jpg

Scariest thing, the CBOB and Les Baer are my Mom's! Caspian and VBOB are mine :)

too late, can't buy a Barrett here in California.

I remember when they tried to ban my winchester lever action, because it had too large of a magazine capacity. Thank god that didn't happen. I might have to "lose" the Maudi 50

This thread is awesome!!!! My collection has dwindled...New kids meant i had to sacrifice "some" toys. I will miss my other AR. Les Baer is sick!!! Got to play with a Les Baer 45/AR combo...nicest 2 firearms i have played with. Next up for me is a Barret .338 lapua...

If you boys promise to be good, I'll take some shots of my Nighthawk/Vickers Tactical .45 tomorrow.

The 1911 I posted previously is a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special with the lower end completely reworked and hard chromed by Dane Burns. It was my everyday carry gun for years.

The rifle is a Chandler (AKA Iron Brigade Armory) sniper rifle. Built on a Remington 700 action which was squared, trued, had the bolt lapped in and faced off and then barreled and chambered in .308 Winchester by Hart. I was in the custom rifle and best gun industry for years and this was the most accurate rifle I've ever fired. Consistently shot less than a half minute of angle, usually around a quarter minute, and once produced a group measuring .113" center to center. It would take down a bowling pin at 800 yards if I was having a good day.

The most amazing thing was that the impact of the cold clean bore shot was no different than the succeeding rounds. I've never seen a rifle before or since that would do this.

Oh Man... we got us a regular KKF mil-it-ia going on here. So, getting back to shotguns:

Who makes the best semi-auto? I'm thinking of a) reliability/feeding b) ergonomics/controls c) at best cost.

-M

Back