Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to post this 1000!!!

_1000579.jpg

Attachments

• _1000622.jpg
    _1000622.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 127
What exactly do you mean? The foto certainly isn't good. The heel is somewhat crooked, and not well-finished, and maybe a little overground. But nothing out of the rugged usual, right?

Oh, by the way. The thing in the first third of the cutting edge is a reflection.. the edge is fine, there is no chipping.

I think this is beautiful, but I really like the rustic look. It's a tool, not a jewel! :)

Maybe the pic is misleading, but it looks like eventually there will be some heavy thinning to do? Maboroshi seems to be the way to go, the Denka is so much more money...

Some very promising maker - perfect FF and steel

attachment.php

I'm a big fan of Jelle's work, and that is beautiful! :doublethumbsup:

I commissioned a chef and petty set from him last year and wish that I could afford to get a new set in the future as I think he just keeps getting better.

I think this is beautiful, but I really like the rustic look. It's a tool, not a jewel! :)

Maybe the pic is misleading, but it looks like eventually there will be some heavy thinning to do? Maboroshi seems to be the way to go, the Denka is so much more money...

denka worth evey penny though. :D maybe just the out focus choil making it look thick.

I think so too.. it has its own aesthetic. Hmmm, it's not a laser, but not really thick either. I'll see that I can get a better pic tomorrow :)

OK, here we go. I hope that these pics show the knife's geometry somewhat more clearly. Like I said, it is not a laser per definitionem, but it is rather light and agile. One could certainly do more thinning in the upper parts, but it isn't necessary at this point. It's a bit difficult to get a clear choil shot because the surface of the choil is somewhat uneven, which leads to potentially misleading reflections. Unfortunately, I don't have precise measuring equipment :) Anyways, here we go:

OK, here we go. I hope that these pics show the knife's geometry somewhat more clearly. Like I said, it is not a laser per definitionem, but it is rather light and agile. One could certainly do more thinning in the upper parts, but it isn't necessary at this point. It's a bit difficult to get a clear choil shot because the surface of the choil is somewhat uneven, which leads to potentially misleading reflections. Unfortunately, I don't have precise measuring equipment :) Anyways, here we go:

looks decent! as long as it cuts like a beast the choil doens't matter as it only shows how grind looks like from that section right at the heel!

looks decent! as long as it cuts like a beast the choil doens't matter as it only shows how grind looks like from that section right at the heel!

+1... choil shots can be sexy or not, but never seem to tell the whole story.

I totally dig this knife! I almost wish that I had one... :)

Lucky catch for me :biggrin:
IMG_0899.JPG
Soon on its way to me. 230mm with walnut burl.

The Shig kitaeji is purdy, but for me this Prendergast knife is totally gorgeous and I'd choose it over the Shig in a heartbeat. Not throwing shade on the Shig, just Dan's work hits all the right notes and sings to me... :doublethumbsup:

Nice pickups both. Dig the Marko that was posted too. I guess I just like all nice knives? :)

Latest posts

Back