Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Midsummer Thanks so much for that. I thought from the pictures that the knife was shorter, let's say 240ish. For me if I could have that profile just scaled down to a shorter length would be ideal. I love the fact it is not that tall for its length. I believe it was a custom wasn't it?

@Midsummer Thanks so much for that. I thought from the pictures that the knife was shorter, let's say 240ish. For me if I could have that profile just scaled down to a shorter length would be ideal. I love the fact it is not that tall for its length. I believe it was a custom wasn't it?

Most of my knives are around 50mm in height. I have some 240 mm that are as short as
47. I am surprised at how comfortable I am am at 56. Really nimble as you said. Immaculate finish. I love how his blades cut.

Most of my knives are around 50mm in height. I have some 240 mm that are as short as
47. I am surprised at how comfortable I am am at 56. Really nimble as you said. Immaculate finish. I love how his blades cut.
That is what you want from a knife. If you feel comfortable that is very important.
I, unfortunately, don't have the space and the need of a 270ish gyuto in my kitchen.
Now I recall where you get it from, I offered the guy a trade but alas he wasn't after trades.

Well. This one really tied the room together. I believe we call this an upgrade in the car rental business. More pics to come I’m sure. (The one on the left)
57E190DA-AD78-4EB9-B55C-7A56185FF3C4.jpeg

Ittetsu. So that one that got away a couple weeks ago? Well this one filled in quite nicely behind it. The vision of course was to get these two in the same room. And it worked. Tbh this was the one I was always after, and somewhere around that deal this one loosened up. In the end got the one I wanted. Teehee 🙃

Yoshimune 240mm. Nice and tall, 53mm. I love this knife. I already had a 210mm gyuto and regretted not getting the 240. Came up second hand at a price I couldn't refuse. Took it to work the last few days & really gave it a workout. Great all around performer.
3Q52cKzl.jpg

Nice. Did you have them rehandled or they came like this? I am waiting for the Nakiri version to be delivered and the stock handles are not as nice as yours. Not sure if I will rehandle myself or outsource.

A beauty. Any more details on the knife?

230mm in Damasteel Bjorkmans twist pattern with a Arizona ironwood burl and bronze bolster handle , g10 spacer
Edge length 230mm
Height at the heel : 51mm
Thickness :
above the heel 2.6 mm
Midway point 2.1mm
An inch before the tip 1.1mm
1 cm before the tip : .8mm
Weight : 217 grams
Hardness: 63hrc with cryo

Anyone looking for bulk deals on randos lmk 😂 but I don’t have any TF. Maybe if I come up on enough green I’ll have Ricky hand pick one for me

Back