Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FM 240 White number one, joining his baby brother FM blue number 1 210
Thanks to a kind forum
3AB594FC-8527-4EDA-ADFC-655CC6A4A48D.jpeg

His finish and damascus work is really amazing, there’s something about it, it’s so well finished but still a very organic kind of natural feel to it I don’t know how to explain it

I see a lot of people buying his knives, they’re incredibly popular and it’s easy to see why right here

So, every now and then I decide to keep something for myself. This one is from Radiona Breg aka Tomislav Sokač

266mm x 57mm Gyuto integral 1.2562 core at 64 HRC. It’s clad in a 1075, 1.2842, 15n20 Damascus.

The cladding didn’t come out as planed on this one and so Tomislav and I did a little swap, one of my cheaper Japanese knives for this beautiful piece.

View attachment 136963
View attachment 136964
View attachment 136965
View attachment 136966

I bought this Wusthof off eBay. I have a Wusthof Classic 8-inch which I don't really care for. My theory is I like my Henckels 4star chefs' knives are better because they are longer so I bought a Wusthof chefs10.25-inch chef's knife.

The Wusthof was kind of sharp. So, I started with only fine belts and then stropped it. The problem right now is where the blade curves is still rough as it requires more pressure to cut an onion in that spot on the knife than I like. I need to drop down to a lower belt to fix the curve. I like the feel of the knife.

IMG_0449.jpg

Picked up a few more bazes over the last few months. Im obsessed. Best preforming gyuto I've ever used. Killer geometry. A really fun edge to the blade. Gets close to that white steel sharpness feel, but much more durable. Sharpening what really sealed the deal for me though. When I went put that bevel to the stone and saw the results afterwords... It was perfect, with no effort. The thoughtfulness for the end user, and how the knife will change over time, and how he accounts for that... ugh. so happy. I will gobble up more.
PXL_20210821_230324289.jpg
PXL_20210821_230517217.jpg
PXL_20210821_230629242.jpg

His finish and damascus work is really amazing, there’s something about it, it’s so well finished but still a very organic kind of natural feel to it I don’t know how to explain it

I see a lot of people buying his knives, they’re incredibly popular and it’s easy to see why right here

Hey Eric,

A few weeks in now, still very, very happy with my Radiona Breg Gyuto. He does some very nice work. I actually contacted Tomislav after being told by Benjamin Kamon that his work was something special.

Totally agree!

Best,
Peter

Back