Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mono 52100, Forged, thermal cycled, normalized, DET annealed, heat treated +cryo, ~62.5 hrc. Bright machine finish, wa handles, convex grind, full distal taper, balance point at the name stamp. ~275g +/- ~250 x ~55 mm. Was lucky enough to claim one.
dt.jpg

Mono 52100, Forged, thermal cycled, normalized, DET annealed, heat treated +cryo, ~62.5 hrc. Bright machine finish, wa handles, convex grind, full distal taper, balance point at the name stamp. ~275g +/- ~250 x ~55 mm. Was lucky enough to claim one.
View attachment 191835
The right one is on way to me

Nice touch with the light handle part. Did it come like that or did you sand off some of the burnt wood in that area?
It came that way, he didn’t burn that part. Perfectly flush bolster :)

Nothing flashy - Toyama 212mm x 51mm Gyuto. My third Toyama. I put Toyama knives in the Guy Clark song category - "Stuff That Works."

Stuff that works, stuff that holds up
The kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall
Stuff that's real, stuff you feel
The kind of stuff you reach for when you fall...

IMG_9238.jpg

Last edited:
I love my Gesshin Uraku that received additional thinning by Jon, it's basically the perfect knife for me. Thanks @minibatataman, for the sale in 2019 ;)

But I wanted something more rustic, i.e. non-stainless. After searching in the market for a while, and resisting the urge to splurge on a masamoto, I transferred some funds to bluewayjapan. In return, they sent me an Ashi Shirogami 240. I love it already. It actually is even thinner than the Uraku, and with the patina, it's just perfect.

4H2A6246-2.jpg

How do you like the Junpaku compare the Kagekiyo?
🤔
Close call. Kagekiyo thinner pure cutter, Junpaku much thinner and lighter than my OUL ginsanko and I suppose HADO ginsanko. Junpaku faux bevel finish is not optimal and will be removed soon-can’t give it a full assessment until that happens. Tanaka wh1 is really great, so on that reason alone I had to walk away from ginsan

Back