Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been busy the last 2 months...

View attachment 284826

TxK migaki blue #1 240
TxK SS blue #1 240
Togashi SS blue #1 240
Kagekiyo dammy blue #1 240
Tetsujin blue #2 240
Migoto white #1 240
Am I just confused or do I not recall seeing you have WTS posts for TxK, Togashi, Kagekiyo, and Tetsujin in the last few months? No shade, just curious what made you re-evaluate and add them back to your armamentarium

Last edited:
Am I just confused or do I not recall seeing you have WTS posts for TxK, Togashi, Kagekiyo, and Tetsujin in the last few months? No shade, just curious what made you re-evaluate and add them back to your armamentarium
I found some that better fit my size and weight preferences. I like 'em on the heavy side. ;o)

Added the 180mm Toyama Nakiri from Zahocho, very pleased. 180x60 185gr
IMG_1692.jpeg
IMG_1687.jpeg

PXL_20231129_200723103.jpg

Shindo nakiri from tokushu came in yesterday. Rough sharpen on a SG1000 and SG4000 . It is definitely an interesting profile, almost a pseudo S grind. Not sure how I feel about it just yet, though to be fair maybe the choice of prep wasn't ideal (sweet potatoes and beets). Will definitely continue to use it and get back to y'all

Looks like you forced the patina on those vintage guys, curious what you used
Yeah, my Nihonko petty (only other SK steel knife I have) took a while to settle down to a stable patina, and I wanted to avoid that. So I just did a quick forced patina with Dijon mustard. I could have done a better job (I didn’t do any surface prep other than cleaning up with rubbing alcohol) but know I’m going to do some thinning work on both soon, so wasn’t too worried about appearances.

Got to thank BST for this one. Know it's been catching some criticism lately but very happy with my experiences. This one was by far my favourite from the recent releases and doesn't disappoint in person.

Milan Gravier Nijuru Kurouchi Gyuto with a Royal Loas Ebony/stainless steel handle and walnut saya
Length heel to tip: 264mm
Height at heel: 54.5mm
Weight: 296g
Spine thickness at handle: 6mm

View attachment 284058View attachment 284061View attachment 284063View attachment 284060View attachment 284059View attachment 284062View attachment 284065View attachment 284066
View attachment 284067
View attachment 284069
I don't post much, but that is a pearler. I don't know why anyone would complain about that. It suits me to a T!

I don't post much, but that is a pearler. I don't know why anyone would complain about that. It suits me to a T!

It is an absolute beauty. Everything just came together perfectly on this one. Don't think anyone was complaining about the knife though. I was referring the threads about BST since I managed to pick this Milan up from through a WTB

Back