Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucrecia, that might just be the best looking Ealy parer I've seen. That damascus pattern is just...stirring.

Be well,
Mikey

awesome knives jimbob and lucretia! those are stunners for sure! That shig haunts my dreams.

[video]http://japanesechefsknife.com/Sh-12.jpg[/video]

I've got this santoku on the way. I wanted a stainless knife I could keep at work that wasn't mass produced, and wasn't scary looking. This seemed to fit the bill (and budget).

Cheers,

Jack

Jack I have the same knife only the 210 gyuto, I love it. Takes a great edge and it just beautiful.

I got these knives between Christmas and new year, got sick after the new year so didn't feel like posting till now
240mm sajuichi coloured Damascus gyuto with ironwood handle
240mm HHH cyber Monday sale gyuto
230mm bloodroot blade gyuto with maple burl handle
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389472045.064108.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389472066.231668.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389472098.973707.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389472125.408429.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389472147.179344.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389472170.935606.jpg

Beautiful, Trev! Luke and David do some amazing grind work, don't they?

Agreed. How do you like the bloodroot and what do you think of sajuichi. I've been wondering about them for a while.

Beautiful, Trev! Luke and David do some amazing grind work, don't they?

David and Luke do some awesome work! my favourite from the new bunch. ( didn't think it was going to because I usually like a little weight to the knife) It's incredibly thin and light but really stiff, no flex at all. I would say it has the thinnest tip of all my gyuto's.

Agreed. How do you like the bloodroot and what do you think of sajuichi. I've been wondering about them for a while.

The Sajuichi is a great knife, it is a heavy knife, also blade heavy. But I really enjoy blade heavy knives, so I am enjoying it. The knife could be thinned out a bit more, cuts great but wedges on carrots and other hard veg. I haven't tried it on potato's yet, but works great for meat. No distal taper on the spine till about 1 cm from the tip, doesn't bother me though. holds it's edge great so far, better then the Bloodroot blade

Received something in my post box today. It's a beauty and i can't bear to use it yet....just admiring it for another day.

Ginga 150mm petty, 180mm Santoku and 240mm Gyuto

qlda.jpg

theyve arrived! thank you to everyone who helped with my plunge into jknives!

Hiro AS 240, G3 150 :knife:

AccBYrr.jpg

Alright, payment sent so I can now post a picture of my ~255mm Bloodroot Blades Gyuto.

juqx.jpg

Here's what Luke had to say about it…

"The blade is to your dimensions, HRC 63 from a highway boom-saw blade, in the 50's HRC on the top 1/3 of the blade (differentially tempered). Very thin behind the edge but it's a pretty stiff blade due to the strong distal taper. It's convex/hybrid grind, with stronger convexity on the right face than the back and from heel to tip. The handle is a R-hand D with blackwood, spacer, and our spalted maple burl. The burl is stabilized, but unlike some stabilization does slightly grain raise with use for a grippier surface than a straight polish."

Here's a picture of the awesome distal taper.

il7v.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389663606.334460.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389663625.072531.jpg
(Sorry about the dodgy pics and dirty coffee table)
Itonomonn 210 Kasumi I picked up unused. It's a little heavier than I imagined it being, but it cuts like a dream. Nice and thin behind the edge. No wedging on mirepoix or potatoes. I haven't used it at work yet, just short-rib prep. The handle leaves a little to be desired - it's clunky. The next step will be an acid etch and then I think this will be the recipient of my first custom handle. (Done by a pro, not by me) All in all, I'm happy.

Alright, payment sent so I can now post a picture of my ~255mm Bloodroot Blades Gyuto.

juqx.jpg

Here's what Luke had to say about it…

"The blade is to your dimensions, HRC 63 from a highway boom-saw blade, in the 50's HRC on the top 1/3 of the blade (differentially tempered). Very thin behind the edge but it's a pretty stiff blade due to the strong distal taper. It's convex/hybrid grind, with stronger convexity on the right face than the back and from heel to tip. The handle is a R-hand D with blackwood, spacer, and our spalted maple burl. The burl is stabilized, but unlike some stabilization does slightly grain raise with use for a grippier surface than a straight polish."

Here's a picture of the awesome distal taper.

il7v.jpg

This excites me. I'm due up in about 4 months with them. Looks like you're going to be super happy with this.

Pete I love everything about this knife. BB knives have great aesthetics. Let us know how the knife handles when you get a chance. I love to see a cutting and handling review.

I'm becoming quite the fan of Bloodroot! Think I need to get back on their list for a gyuto....

juqx.jpg

for the record - this excites me too. to prevent the double post (duplication in the 'other' thread), I'll simply state that this is one of those things that I reaaaaalllllly want but don't need at all.

my latest knife buy? kato dragon (following the other recent purchase of a hinoura). I need to stop.

juqx.jpg

for the record - this excites me too. to prevent the double post (duplication in the 'other' thread), I'll simply state that this is one of those things that I reaaaaalllllly want but don't need at all.

my latest knife buy? kato dragon (following the other recent purchase of a hinoura). I need to stop.

I almost snagged one of those dragons but decided to pick up a Harner/McLean Line knife instead. Should be receiving it next week.

Back