Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a couple of months ago and have been using them steadily often and with much much joy. As usual with Tilman's knives, they are superbly made, the handles are perfect, they glide through food with little sticking, feel nimble in the hand, easy to sharpen, and hold the edge for a long time. They are Tilman Leder custom 190 mm Nakiri in Niolox Damascus steel, and a custom 170 mm Petty in Niolox steel, both with matching ironwood handle, black horn ferrule and nickel silver spacer. The Nakiri also came with its own saya, handmade by Tilman.

nakiri%202_zpsxxs4y9q9.jpg

nakiri%203_zpsshwwaoiy.jpg

petty%201_zpsqpvwzm0z.jpg

IMG_20171105_100346_zpshzxjlsvw.jpg

IMG_20171105_100413_zps0uimidgp.jpg

I do not remember if I ever posted it before but the nakiri and petty came home to join my Tilman Leder custom profile 255 mm Wa Gyuto in Niolox steel with ironwood handle, black horn ferrule and nickel silver spacer. They all have the same matching handle, and shaped chin. I feel very lucky to have this matching set, and absolutely love using them

Tilman%204_zps2kh0aev8.jpg

Imgur.com

Just drag all the files unto the homepage. Easy peasy.

Let us see if this works

9cG3JzX.jpg

crBBEBN.jpg

uFytcNP.jpg

O5deLFc.jpg

kugnZD2.jpg

Bsu7VSp.jpg

Received a couple of months ago and have been using them steadily often and with much much joy. As usual with Tilman's knives, they are superbly made, the handles are perfect, they glide through food with little sticking, feel nimble in the hand, easy to sharpen, and hold the edge for a long time. They are Tilman Leder custom 190 mm Nakiri in Niolox Damascus steel, and a custom 170 mm Petty in Niolox steel, both with matching ironwood handle, black horn ferrule and nickel silver spacer. The Nakiri also came with its own saya, handmade by Tilman. I do not remember if I ever posted it before but the nakiri and petty came home to join my Tilman Leder custom profile 255 mm Wa Gyuto in Niolox steel with ironwood handle, black horn ferrule and nickel silver spacer. They all have the same matching handle, and shaped chin. I feel very lucky to have this matching set, and absolutely love using them.

Nice set casaluz. I'm too a fanboy of Tilman's work.

5xnyq9.jpg

2q9mcec.jpg

My new Masashi Kobo SLD 210. Thanks for all the info guys. I put this thing through a decent test today. Three 18qt Cambros of various cut vegetables for soups. Food release on potatoes was amazing. $225 shipped from A-frames AND it came with a beautiful chestnut buffalo handle and nice friction fit saya. Sweet deal if you ask me

That knife is gonna last a long, long time.
5xnyq9.jpg

2q9mcec.jpg

My new Masashi Kobo SLD 210. Thanks for all the info guys. I put this thing through a decent test today. Three 18qt Cambros of various cut vegetables for soups. Food release on potatoes was amazing. $225 shipped from A-frames AND it came with a beautiful chestnut buffalo handle and nice friction fit saya. Sweet deal if you ask me

Nice Bday present on the two Watanabe, I ordered a custom Watanabe and some rocks for my own Bday :cool2:

Looks like a Watanabe pro

That is corect! We have a winner!

The gyuto is indeed a huge 270, but the nakiri is the 180 (a little over 170, actually). However, I think you can make any knife look gargantuan if you shoot it at an angle, from the tip. Both about 60 mm tall, if that matters.

Valgard, what did you get?

Solid patina!

Some steels will look like that if you give them their vitamin beef.

A 255mm gyuto with machi (so around 235mm cutting edge) and thinner tip. It just landed in Canada and should be here by the end of the week.

Sounds sweet, can't wait to see it.

Dan made this one for me, not a previous pass-around. But I would agree 230mm is a perfect length for me.

Back