Show your work! Uchigumori and co...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Uchugumori + Nugui works I’ve tried recently:

D5511F7B-DEB7-411B-8E19-80EFB47CB2E3.jpeg
1A0F7503-8DE4-4CDA-9594-483EE6A6BF17.jpeg

I did a polish on my gyuto again. I finished the hagane on my king 4000, for some reason, it has the brightest mirror near mirror finish of all my stones. Then took uchigumori fingerstones, and did my best to clean the jigane up. The convexity makes the hagane a bit ugly from some angles, but not too bad imo.
20210202_175232.jpg

20210202_174827.jpg

hei hei, I might be wrong but from the finish I get the impression that you use long movements when polishing - have you ever tried short stroke’s? short movements, in zones from top to bottom (from spine to the edge).

hei hei, I might be wrong but from the finish I get the impression that you use long movements when polishing - have you ever tried short stroke’s? short movements, in zones from top to bottom (from spine to the edge).
Yeah I did longer stroke while sharpening on bench stones

I can vouch for the micromesh pads plus 800 grit SiC powder, it made a full kasumi on a Toyama pretty easy.

Does anyone know what powder Tosho is using?

Attachments

• 4F2BCDB4-189C-4CF0-BA0E-2E248A85F22A.jpeg
    4F2BCDB4-189C-4CF0-BA0E-2E248A85F22A.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I can vouch for the micromesh pads plus 800 grit SiC powder, it made a full kasumi on a Toyama pretty easy.

Does anyone know what powder Tosho is using?
it's a natural stone powder by Morihei. Hitohira also sells some suita powder. Also, you can get uchigumori powder on the infernet

Nice polish !

Aren’t they just more close to each other?

Thanks!
It could be so!
But I've seen this (the double hamon) with other Ikeda's Mt. Fuji knives
Check this suisin Ikeda
XCCHbF3l.jpg

I wonder if it was intentional

Last edited:
Back