steaming food.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
I friggen love it. its easy, and easy.
hard to overcook foods in steam. (okay, eggs - don't over cook eggs in steam). food comes out moist. you don't wipe out a kitchen and stove with splattering.

I just made what my MIL calls "Chinese Meatloaf". basically a steamed meat cake. in cantonese it is called Mook Biang. which means, Meat-Cookie.

I did minced pork, minced lotus root (been calling that "wagon-wheels" since I could speak English), some diced butter nut squash..and seasoning. I'll spare you a pic of the meat cookie. but it is so yummy. I made it so I wouldn't have to buy a lunch tomorrow. some brown rice, and BOOM. Lonche!

I have a TaiTung steamer appliance, so I never worry about boiling a pot empty with my absentmindedness.

you steamers?

I love steaming, so much we had an oven with full steam function installed in the new kitchen.
Only downside is that I need to wipe out the condensate, but that is not taking a lot of time with the right spunge.

Last edited:
I always found steaming to be a major PITA in a regular kitchen.

I do it for certain veggies (green beans, and asperagus). I don't think its much fuss as long as you have a decent steamer insert... it's just that I don't really think about it most of the time; usually my brain just defaults to frying everything in a pan.

Steamed fish is nice, i have a Zwilling Olymp II pot with a steam basket, those are basically Demeyere Atlantis body with handle and lid made by Zwilling, exclusive to Chinese market since Demeyere has no presence here

You Taiwanese ?

😂

I grew up eating "yuk bang" and steamed egg custards. Steamed fish topped with soy, ginger, oil. Simple Canto food.

sure, we steam. we're chinese. we even reheat soup by steam.

although we have these expensive miele built-in steam ovens and a anova precision oven with steam functions, they are terrible at steaming.

wok with steam grate at full blast is the best way really...

sure, we steam. we're chinese. we even reheat soup by steam.

although we have these expensive miele built-in steam ovens and a anova precision oven with steam functions, they are terrible at steaming.

wok with steam grate at full blast is the best way really...
Big ass combi-oven at work got a full throttle steamer setting, that'll get a two hundo of clam chowder to 165 in about 4 minutes
I want one for home!

Back