Sushi chef, How do you clean your cutting board?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

adam92

Reaction score
I usually use bleach to thw hasegawa cutting board every night after finish work, I notice there's 1 tiny black spot like cutting scratch I can't get rip off.

Any sushi chef can give me advice? Is it necessary to get the board scraper?

Jason183

Reaction score
I don’t do bleach every night, usually once a week, but when I do, I usually soak them in bleach for 30min at least before rinse it, the results is different if you soak them for longer time

KenHash

Reaction score
With a regular wood board for every day cleaning I rise with cold water only as hot water will cause protein (ie fish) to coagulate. If especially dirty I will rub vigorously with a tawashi and salt.
Infrequent heavy cleaning calls for soaking in detergent/bleach but after rinsing must soak in hot water long enough for such materials to lift out and a second soak/rise to ensure no smell remains. Slow drying to avoid warping with thin boards.

I have no experience with a synthetic rubber coated board.

Last edited:

coffeelover191919

Reaction score
i also have a bunch of random dark/black stains on the Hasegawa (wood core, yellow outside) board that i can't get off with scrubbing with dish soap and running through the dishwasher.

uniliang

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used black cutting boards.
Can’t really see the scratches and don’t need to worry about bleaching it.
870C4BCA-9740-4477-9CAA-677843ED691E.png

Reactions: ian

Hz_zzzzzz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using your nail to dig the black stuff out?

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Mostly do fish socially, very occasionally do a fish station at catering event. I use BKF on Hiawassee (sp?) board if stained. Then a lot of soap, salt and water to wash away the BKF.

Will own a black cutting board next time MTC has a sale - that looks pretty sweet.