• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Tetsujin Metal Flow, Nakagawa Damascus and Kurosaki Gyutos, Manaka Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More_Gyutos

and petties, and sujis and…
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same as before, I bought a lot of knives the past year and need to let some go. Prices include insured shipping CONUS (International I will cover first $15 of shipping). Knives will be shipped in their original boxes. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for looking!

tempImagezcpVzO.jpg

SOLD Tetsujin Metal Flow Blue #2 Gyuto 240mm $475 450 with saya SOLD
Measurements:230 x 50
Condition: New, but I removed lacquer.
Handle: Wenge water buffalo horn ferrule
Saya: Walnut
Weight: 198g
Bought from CK2 go for $495

Knife: Nakagawa Blue 1 Damascus 240mm $500 475 450 425
Measurements: 230 x 49mm 48mm corrected
Condition: NIB. This is the knife I previously offered up.
Handle: Ebony, beautiful marble horn
Blacksmith: Nakagawa
Sharpener: ? Probably Myojin? I was not able to confirm this with the vendor myself although others have. Seems like it is be when I compare it to other Myojins (I have/had more than 10 others)
Weight: 214g
Originally bought from CK 2 Go for $570

Kurosaki Fujin SG2 210mm Gyuto JoBone custom handle $350 325 300 275 250 SOLD
Measurements: 210 x 47mm 46.5mm corrected
Condition: like new, used at home 2-3 times, unsharpened. Great knife just doesn’t connect with me. The handle is awesome.
Handle: Custom Rare American Chestnut and Honduran Rosewood (JoBone/Sugi Cutlery)
Stainless clad
Weight: 158g
Bought for $394 from Sugi Cutlery

SOLD Manaka Blue 2 Kurouchi Tsuchime 135mm Petty with Custom Handle $190 150 SOLD
Measurements:135 x 33mm
Condition: Sharpened, did some test cuts before and after. There is a scratch on the Kasumi on the left side. There is a little bit of patina toward the tip.
Cladding: Soft Iron
Handle: Box elder burl and salted tamarind with purple/blue Spacers
Weight: 79g
Bought for $245 from Real Sharp

Last edited:
Nakagawa Damascus is back up for sale. This knife was sold, but the buyer measured It and it was 48mm at the heel rather than the 49mm I had it listed at. They were disappointed since they prefer taller knives so I offered them a return and have the knife back up for sale still NIB and unused Now with height measured with calipers. I had used a ruler when I put it up for sale before and I will only use calipers going forward.

I have corrected the heel height of the Fujin using calipers as well.

That’s very kind of you to accept a refund, but this sounds like someone with buyers remorse looking for an excuse. +/- 1mm is totally acceptable measurements for BST and the buyer is a total tosser

edit - turns out there is important context in this particular case, but it's not the first time I've heard of knives being returned for 1mm measurement variance which, as a concept, is an absurdity

Last edited:
That’s very kind of you to accept a refund, but this sounds like someone with buyers remorse looking for an excuse. +/- 1mm is totally acceptable measurements for BST and the buyer is a total tosser
I messaged privately to say the same, but yes I concur :eek:

I want my buyers to feel confident and happy to buy with me. So that’s why I handled it the way I did. The buyer paid to return it it to me, originally paid more than the negotiated price for the two knives he bought from me and felt the knife was actually shorter than 48mm, just as additional information.

Last edited:
It was me that returned it so feel free to call me what you like. @More_Gyutos is a fantastic seller and stand up person for accepting the return.

And to be clear, I wouldn't have wanted to buy it if I had known it was 48mm so I was frustrated to see that it was shorter than what I thought. However, I understand the statements being made. I was prepared to resell the knife but @More_Gyutos offered me the return and I agreed to a refund less than what I paid because I knew it was above and beyond.

Context matters, and in this case it changes a lot... but I'll maintain that if you gave 10 knowledgeable, well intentioned members here a set of calipers or a precision ruler and asked for edge length and height measurements you'd probably get at least a +/- 1.5mm variance. If you're worried about 1 mm either way looking at specs its probably best to move on or accept what you get.

I haven’t been part of this community for a year yet and I have many more knives to sell. I know buying them can be a bit intimidating at first and I know we have all had somewhat disappointing experiences with transactions or knives. I’m going to do my best to make sure no one is grumbling when they receive something from me.

@ashy2classy thought I sold him a knife that was 2mm shorter than what I posted. That’s not insignificant If you prefer 50mm knives and you really don’t want shorter than 49. In his mind he’s probably wondering what to do if he resells it. I think this is a little more grey area than 1mm.

I haven’t been part of this community for a year yet and I have many more knives to sell. I know buying them can be a bit intimidating at first and I know we have all had somewhat disappointing experiences with transactions or knives. I’m going to do my best to make sure no one is grumbling when they receive something from me.

@ashy2classy thought I sold him a knife that was 2mm shorter than what I posted. That’s not insignificant If you prefer 50mm knives and you really don’t want shorter than 49. In his mind he’s probably wondering what to do if he resells it. I think this is a little more grey area than 1mm.
No need to defend me, you're a class act. I've offered to re-buy the knife or send funds to reduce the cost of selling again. Please let me know.

No need to defend me, you're a class act. I've offered to re-buy the knife or send funds to reduce the cost of selling again. Please let me know.
Whatever the final outcome, I think it's fair to recognise this has been handled in good faith by both parties based on the above exchange.

I apologise to @ashy2classy for any rash judgement on my part - I have turned stuff down at 49mm (prior to buying) when looking for 50mm+, so maybe that makes me a hypocrite. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
You know, as someone catching up on all of this, kudos to both of you for handling it like two good human beings. You guys lost a sale between each other but I think you got a lot of respect from several of us
It’s not about the destination, it’s about the bumps we made along the way

Back