• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB TF Denka Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see more lauded Racquins, Dalmans and the like on BST than Denkas.
Because people know what's good and they are more in demand:cool:
Seriously, the thread TF Wabi-Sabi showed me that some of you guys are so far up in your asses about TF and like to wank each other off that it's sad and ridiculous. You guys can't be objective about it and keep hyping it up and defending it.
I'm not saying TFs aren't good or that they are bad but you guys completely deterred me from wanting to own one. I can't stand this fanboyism and will never understand any fanboyism. I wouldn't trust anything you guys say about TF.

With everything else we are fine though. I don't have any problems with you or anyone else who likes TF but you can't be talked with regarding that subject.

I hope NKW finds his Denka Nakiri and it will be perfect for him.

I have seen my fair share of Denkas on BST.

Define "fair share" please - the lack of TF denka nakiris seems particulary unfair to one certain passionate rectangle-knife enthusiast 😥

But yea, I mean TF knives are whack. F&F is miserable, handles are gross, grinds are strange, you risk warps, sometimes the HT is not great either.

Define "fair share" please - the lack of TF denka nakiris seems particulary unfair to one certain passionate rectangle-knife enthusiast 😥
This is in regards to Denkas.
I'm not sure I have seen a TF Denka Nakiri in the last year on BST or show your newest buy.
Maybe one day it will appear in your hands and I will look forward to your post;)

I've always wanted to have my own TF drama thread. Let's add to it.

220 x 55 Maboroshi - half centimeter crack (and another 0.2cm crack not pictured), plus part of the tip was so overground it didn't even contact the board

20201013_154558.jpg
20201013_153658.jpg

Seriously, the thread TF Wabi-Sabi showed me that some of you guys are so far up in your asses about TF and like to wank each other off that it's sad and ridiculous. You guys can't be objective about it and keep hyping it up and defending it.
TBH, when I first came across this behaviour, I thought it was a pisstake because it was so reflexive and clearly flying in the face of reality. You know, a running in-joke.

But no, the morons are for real.

Every time some troll, who hasn't even tried a TF, parrots that garbage about 50% of the knives don’t work, I think of TF's "pearl before swine" comment...
So many swine, so few pearls

I've always wanted to have my own TF drama thread. Let's add to it.

220 x 55 Maboroshi - half centimeter crack (and another 0.2cm crack not pictured), plus part of the tip was so overground it didn't even contact the board

View attachment 121033View attachment 121034

Just wabi sabi. It’s not broken in half, for f’s sake. Show me a TF that came BNIB melted into a ball and I’ll believe all this crap about them not being worth the money.

It's fine, just rub some dirt on it and keep playing.
When I was learning to work on my own motorcycles (whether I learned anything is up for debate) and was struggling to make a part work or fit, my motor head friend would tell me “just rub it on your nut!” Somehow that always seemed to work.

Give it a try with the Maboroshi?

I see more lauded Racquins, Dalmans and the like on BST than Denkas and there will be more of the latter in the wild than all the others combined, many times over.

And this is the point I was making - I definitely see more of almost anything on BST then Denkas. This is not to plump Denkas - it's just my observation.

That's just bullsht which gets parroted.
I have seen my fair share of Denkas on BST. Of course you will see more Maboroshis.
Just enjoy your worked on Denka.

Yes, there are some. You also see Shigs, Katos, Dalmans, Xerxes, Raquins, etc. And all of those are much rarer, much more expensive than Denkas, and you don't really see more Denkas then them. Again, not plumping Denkas or fluffing TF here: there are just a lot of people who have Denkas who won't ever let them go. One of the things that persuaded me to buy one was how many people who stated "I have had katos, shigs, Tsukasas, whatever, the one knife I'll never sell is my Denka." Sure, this is the intertubez, I have no way to verify this, but it's something I've seen a lot of people repeat.

For me, mine isn't my favorite knife. I like it, it cuts beautifully, and after thinning, even better. It feels great to sharpen and on the board. My worked-on Denka was also only ever worked on by me, so transforming the basic grind into a multi-directional taper was both fun and a serious attachement-developer. Part of me liking the knife is what it is, part of it is what it has become. Denka AS is still a really great delivery of that steel.

For me, mine isn't my favorite knife. I like it, it cuts beautifully, and after thinning, even better. It feels great to sharpen and on the board. My worked-on Denka was also only ever worked on by me, so transforming the basic grind into a multi-directional taper was both fun and a serious attachement-developer. Part of me liking the knife is what it is, part of it is what it has become. Denka AS is still a really great delivery of that steel.

Do the folks buying TFs know that there are much cheaper ways to purchase knife blanks?

Attachments

• 8167E779-096B-4089-BCE3-4927136FF959.jpeg
    8167E779-096B-4089-BCE3-4927136FF959.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 74
And this is the point I was making - I definitely see more of almost anything on BST then Denkas. This is not to plump Denkas - it's just my observation.

Yes, there are some. You also see Shigs, Katos, Dalmans, Xerxes, Raquins, etc. And all of those are much rarer, much more expensive than Denkas, and you don't really see more Denkas then them. Again, not plumping Denkas or fluffing TF here: there are just a lot of people who have Denkas who won't ever let them go. One of the things that persuaded me to buy one was how many people who stated "I have had katos, shigs, Tsukasas, whatever, the one knife I'll never sell is my Denka." Sure, this is the intertubez, I have no way to verify this, but it's something I've seen a lot of people repeat.

I would gladly sell your Denka on bst if you’d let me! 🥰

Curious, so which is the favorite knife?😊

That is an highly appropriate bump image to be fair. A wabi-sabi distorted face that definitely reminds me of the malformed bolster and bulgingly ill-spaced rivets of my TF mab handle.

Good work NKN. You deserve this one.

👍

Latest posts

Back