That time of the year. ECG Anyone ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im still comming even if i have ot sleep in the truck and keep a cap on it so i can still put on a grinding demo :)

I'll have two peole with me. Can probably drag along a couple more, but they will not care about knives, cutting boards, forging, etc. But they can help eat the food and keep the dogs entertained :hungry:

I'm coming . Looking forward to meeting you folks and seeing some of these knives ..

Wife (to our 20 year-old son): "Guess where your dad is going on Saturday? To the knife jamboree."

Son: "Oh yeah, that sword sharpening thing."

I'm coming too! So far I have 6 knives and one petty blade done, and now that the kids are in bed I'm going to work on some more.

del what time you think you might be here on friday as i need to see if a carpenter trip can be made or not looks liek you and me and maybe deker if time works out (but was not sure on your time )
i hav eot go up to pick up some steel but if no one wants amill tour i ll jsut go my self

del what time you think you might be here on friday as i need to see if a carpenter trip can be made or not looks liek you and me and maybe deker if time works out (but was not sure on your time )
i hav eot go up to pick up some steel but if no one wants amill tour i ll jsut go my self

Butch,
What time are you planning on going, I know I'm leaving on thursday, but I don't know how close I'll get before I have to stop. (and I still have to clean and stock the car, not to mention finish some knives) ;)

I would love to see it if I can

was jsut at supergrit and got 50$ in grinding belts to go with the others i have in the shop to take out

jsut picked up the plug to make the cord for the grinder and im stoked about getting there and working/eatiing ooo and showing off (4 steak knives are all buit finished to go with the tuna sword that is now sharp)

Butch, have you set a price on the "sword" yet? I can't wait to see it Saturday (or Friday :) )

We're starting to run out of storage room for all the food :)

i have in my mind the price and after talking with the proper ppl it seems to be just about right tho in a way its a slightly odd number (i ll tell you the story when i see you friday

$7.36????

That would be odd but I'll still take it at that price :wink:

Hi All,

I am on my way, just put the first leg behind me, after 12 hours on the road!!!:eek2: More driving tomorrow!!!:knight:

i hav ethe grinder base built and now in the AM i ll be unbolting and then puttign the grinder in the truck and finishing the power cord (bopy i need the clean up the dust around the shop)

I'm not sure if the word is out yet, but I won't be able to make it. My wife went to the Emergency Room with chest pains and trouble breathing. The doctors aren't sure what happened. I just feel I should stay close.

Delbert has offered to do my Damascus, Tamahagane, Wootz talk, if you guys want to hear it. Dave will also be bringing my first prototype Damascus Wa-Gyuto for you to play with.

I'm told that, "anticipation is half the fun". I hope that's true. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Wow, really bad fortune. I hope it's not too serious. I can't be there because it is on the wrong coast.

I'm not sure if the word is out yet, but I won't be able to make it. My wife went to the Emergency Room with chest pains and trouble breathing. The doctors aren't sure what happened. I just feel I should stay close.

Delbert has offered to do my Damascus, Tamahagane, Wootz talk, if you guys want to hear it. Dave will also be bringing my first prototype Damascus Wa-Gyuto for you to play with.

I'm told that, "anticipation is half the fun". I hope that's true. I'm already looking forward to next year.

You'll be missed Tim but it's best that you stay home. I'll let the folks play with your knife. :)

so not everything arrived here in LA in time for me to be able to send stuff ahead of time, but i just want to say this before i leave in the morning... we have 2 suitcases of kitchen knives and 1 hard case full of stones coming to philly with us ;)

Sadly, i just couldnt bring enough stones to sell them while i'm there, but instead, i brought my stones so everyone will have a chance to test them out and see what they are like ;)

Anyways, super excited for the weekend... see you guys on saturday

I will be thinking about you guys as I am serving 200+ dinners, have funs guys!!!

Sigh, I had a good day with my friends who flew in today, but still regret not being there. Have fun, guys. Warren, can you send leftovers to Hawaii? ;) - Just kidding, and I am saying this because you might be crazy enough to actually do that ;) next year we really have to talk about a live feed webcam.

Stefan

I best stop eating now so I can make up for all the folk who can't make it tomorrow :)

Well we can tell them all about it afterwards and they can spend a whole year planning to be at the next one.

Hoping Tim's wife is okay and on the road to recovery quickly.

Sigh, I had a good day with my friends who flew in today, but still regret not being there. Have fun, guys. Warren, can you send leftovers to Hawaii? ;) - Just kidding, and I am saying this because you might be crazy enough to actually do that ;) next year we really have to talk about a live feed webcam.

Stefan

Do you mean "live feed" as in pictures, or "live feed" as in food? :rolleyes2:

Back