The Deals, Discounts, & Sales Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what minor imperfection meant on a 6.75L oval Staub:
20221118_151540.jpg

Over the last few years of use, that has smoothed out and now just seems like a normal "wear" ding.

Contemplating getting the Darto. Is the 27 really going to be that much more unwieldy compared to the 25?
I probably should have been asking this as well. I went for the 3.2kg n.30. Is this too much pan to be practical? I'm an inexperienced home cook, but I know searing requires a lot of space to prevent steaming. I also went for the 20 for daily breakfast.

I probably should have been asking this as well. I went for the 3.2kg n.30. Is this too much pan to be practical? I'm an inexperienced home cook, but I know searing requires a lot of space to prevent steaming. I also went for the 20 for daily breakfast.
I have the n30 4mm and it’s definitely heavy. I can easily cook 3 eggs with enough space between to flip easily, and it’s great for searing.

My only gripe is it’s a bit cumbersome for smaller tasks. I was really debating getting the Bogo n25 for basic cooking

I wouldn’t try to flip an omelet with one, but you’re not going to tear a bicep hanging it on a pot rack either.

I have the n30 4mm and it’s definitely heavy. I can easily cook 3 eggs with enough space between to flip easily, and it’s great for searing.

My only gripe is it’s a bit cumbersome for smaller tasks. I was really debating getting the Bogo n25 for basic cooking
Yea that's the issue I run into a lot of my cooking. I'm impatient and cram too much into my pans heh. I think I'm gonna BOGO the 25 and if I do buy anything in the future, it would be the 30 rather than the 27. I already have a larger Allclad SS 12" pan that'll serve the role of the larger pan.

Yea that's the issue I run into a lot of my cooking. I'm impatient and cram too much into my pans heh. I think I'm gonna BOGO the 25 and if I do buy anything in the future, it would be the 30 rather than the 27. I already have a larger Allclad SS 12" pan that'll serve the role of the larger pan.
I just don’t need 2 of them. I guess I could gift it but either way the wife’s gonna hit me in the head with one of them when it arrives lol.

But I think the 27 is a little weird spot. Too small for some things and too big for others. Although the burners on your stove could also play a factor

I just don’t need 2 of them. I guess I could gift it but either way the wife’s gonna hit me in the head with one of them when it arrives lol.

But I think the 27 is a little weird spot. Too small for some things and too big for others. Although the burners on your stove could also play a factor
I'm in the process of trying to convince my girlfriend to go halfsies with me on the pair haha.

Found this on Amazon, All Clad Fusion tech is rebranded WMF Fusiontec pans since they are under the same French corporate now, it is kind a flop so All Clad discounted it, but really because people misunderstood what these are, they are not ceramic non stick, but rather enameled heavy gauge steel pans, more similar to Dutch oven
https://a.co/d/fA8E2MI

I bought a De Buyer 5 layer ptfe non stick pan about 4 years ago. It's rather heavy, but best non stick for hashbrowns, omletes, fried eggs. Only use plastic utensils, hand wash & have cloth spacers made for stacking pans. Only need small amount of olive oil. My favorite non stick.

My 4 year old De Buyer non stick. Also have a De Buyer carbon skillet. It's big enough cooking hashbrowns, eggs etc. For two. For non stick De Buyer in class of its own. Commercial grade. Folks complain that the metal painted handle gets hot. Sure if you blast it on high heat. I can brown Salmon & other fish never going above medium heat. Of coarse handle gets hotter near the pan never touch that part. Use this pan a lot cooking seafood for two. Home use still works great after 4 years.

If company like this week Janice friend comming, using larger flater skillet my almost new OXO 12". Replaced the same old one going on 4 years was getting worn. The new ones advertise german quality non stick, if it lasts over 3 years like old one will not complain. Most non stick that is hyped as 10 best are junk.
20240419_120232.jpg
20240419_120402.jpg
20240419_120436.jpg

New 12" flatter profile OXO
20240419_120644.jpg

Latest posts

Back