The thread for wood addicts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;u2ALsvU50wQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ALsvU50wQ[/video]

Wow!!!! Iron wood like that is one of the few woods where nobody is going to complain about getting stuck with sapwood!!!!! That is a cool lookin' chunk 'o lumber!!!
Thats some nice looking spalted wood Mike! :thumbsup:

Look what Santa, I mean the post man brought me today!! :) Its a 30+ inch X 18" X 2+" slab of IRONWOOD BURL!!! :happy1: Should get us some great looking blocks and scales from this slab!

attachment.php

Randy...your killing me, those are spectaclar! Congrats on that find.

Randy...I want #'s 3 and 4...Let me know what i need to do to get them...and i might take another also...

Mike

Edit: might want #5 also....ugh...some of my favorite's ever!!!!

Thread is re-opened.

Vendors are reminded to not post their products in the shop talk forum.

mc, its some if not the best figured ironwood I have ever cut or seen in person!! Its beautiful stuff!

That ziricote is awesome. I made a guitar out of it. It's a joy of a wood to work.

bcrano, Any guitar pics? I am an avid player and would love to see it!

Just saw this on Antiques Roadshow.

It's a bowl made from a single burl piece, carved out, and is NINE INCHES DEEP. My Father-in-law was talking to me about airbags when it was on and I was so annoyed, my burl-alarm was raging in the background.

2011-12-19%25252021.43.20.jpg

EPIC

Check out what I just got from Craig... I'm looking for the perfect piece to go to Pierre for a knife he's making for me... don't know if these are the perfect fit, but we'll see when they arrive.

Two tone elm burl...
6550433559_0f3ed46d0f_z.jpg

Buckeye burl...
6550433101_2b469b719b_z.jpg

No matter what you put them on, Its gone be AWESOME! Im loving Craigs new woods. The buckeye and a few others are 10 times better with the new stabilization process hes doing to them.

Congrats on the score :)

Incredible buckeye, best I've ever seen.

Cool glad you like. I have some black ash too I'll post after Xmas.

I know I shouldn't ask, but what is the 411 on craig's ebay store? Every time I've ever checked it, it's empty? I mean for years. does his stuff sell out some secret hour every week?

I'm already sorry I asked.

He has 2 pages of scales and blocks listed right now. Just search for user craigstevensstudio and click view items. I don't ever go to his ebay "store". Just view the listings.

Heres a beautiful piece Of Craigs Birch burl I just finished out yesterday! Simply the finest stabilized woods on the planet! IMO

attachment.php
attachment.php

black hawk II 052.JPG

black hawk II 056.JPG

black hawk II 042.JPG

black hawk II 041.JPG

Heres a beautiful piece Of Craigs Birch burl I just finished out yesterday! Simply the finest stabilized woods on the planet! IMO

Wow that is pretty wood where can i get some :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back