Travel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
there’s a bit more pep in my step today.

We just bought our tickets to Taipei and Tokyo.
We have both been slogging thru the work week. Yesterday I cane this close to walking off the job. I’m at a level of “burnt out” that I have never seen before. They just keep stacking more projects on me, and I keep kicking them into the “finished with badass precision “ file. The more I do, the more they give me.

Now? Hell, I just might do some OT to fund the trip. Hehe. You know - PURPOSE!

Travel is my favorite thing to do. I’ve been to both places, bit I need to visit my in-laws and Tokyo; you don’t need an excuse. There is so much to see and just getting turned around and lost can be the best adventure. This time, I’m buying a sharpening stone.

Any travel plans?

Japan for three weeks. Tokyo, Kyoto, Kanazawa, Matsumoto, Nikko. It’s our fourth trip there as a young family. Can’t wait is an understatement!

Brussels in early Nov. but I have no idea what the knife hunting is like there. French, German or what?

Forget about knife hunting in Brussels. There is nothing to mention. One shop in the centre but it is not worth visiting! I do not even know of any shop for coticules. Better to concentrate on beer and food ;)

Forget about knife hunting in Brussels. There is nothing to mention. One shop in the centre but it is not worth visiting! I do not even know of any shop for coticules. Better to concentrate on beer and food ;)
+1

In Brussels you must try Mer du Nord, it is a street-side eatery with amazing seafood. Razor clams are killer.

Is this the wet fish shop with a row of plancha stations on the street? Choose your seafood and have it cooked in front of you with a glass of fizz for €10 vibe?
Great concept, great food.

Japan in 4 weeks time for 3 weeks to see the Rugby world cup.

Going to Nagasaki, Fukoaka, Beppu/Oita, Osaka, Takefu, Kyoto, Seki and then Tokyo.

Is this the wet fish shop with a row of plancha stations on the street? Choose your seafood and have it cooked in front of you with a glass of fizz for €10 vibe?
Great concept, great food.

Indeed this is it. It's located on Place Sainte-Catherine down town. But personally I do not find it so good. The drown all the food they put on plancha with enormous quantities of oil. Way to greasy for my taste. Fish soup is good thought. You can also get some decent oysters.

I'm all about the staycation. Traveling eventually gets old and there is plenty of things to see and do in my home state of Arizona.

Back